Just received 3 units of DW2 and configured them.
- The first one is short circuited on the battery, it pairs, but the magnet does not work and the battery gets hot. Trying to convince the Sonooff oficial store on Aliexpress that this is not normal. It is a shame, the person that is answering my messages does not know what a short is. I'll have to open a dispute on Aliexpress since the person is stalling me.
- The second one is disconnecting from the app at some periods and for no particular reason reconnects again. Already changed position with the second unit (considering weak signal) but the problem remains.
- The third one seams to work fine for now.
- Tha two that as working do not show more than 2 days of logs and it do not report all logs. Since it is a security device, the minimum is that it is reliable when it opens and closes.
I am having problems pairing the DW2 device to my Wi-Fi router (although I have >30 other Sonoff devices that are working OK).
Which Wi-FI Router have you successfully connected them to?
I have 5 units and after nearly a whole day of troubleshooting I have found:
- The wifi AP needs to support 11 B 2.4g (legacy). I could NOT get Unifi AP, TP-Link C9 & D-Link Routers to work. I did have success with 2 different Netcomm routers.
- Only wifi channel 6 seemed to work.
When connecting multiple DW2 devices, I found I could configure only 2 devices, then I could not pair anymore. Found out that once you pair a DW2 device, power it down (ie. remove batteries), then continue to pair the next DW2 deivce, remove it's batteries and continue until all of them have been paired.
Once pairing is complete, you insert all the batteries in the DW2 units and they all come up working.
Hi Felipe. The shorted one the Aliexpress Sonoff store agreed to send me a new one once I break and send them a photo. The second one is still disconnecting. I changed its position to see if it solves the problem.
About the log, no solution yet. But the itead Site shows 90 days.
Ok, now the other 2 DW2 are delaying the alert almost an hour que the door opens. Since this is a security device, there is no point in having them.
Does the Sonoff support at least read our messages here? If not we are lab rats for them?
Very disappointed with the product.
Similar problem. Router WiFi can see the DW2 @ 60db and the eWelink adds the device.
But despite trying many options, the DW2 Led is still flashing twice and Ewelink shows device Offline.
So looks like server link problem.
Save money with Discountpartner.co.uk, we bring you the best deals from all your favourite places, whether its food, travel or beauty Discountpartner has got your back! Discountpartner.co.uk is a British ecommerce discount provider we allow our users access to 1000s of special offers and deals across the uk.
Enjoy up to 80% off at restaurants, electronics travel etc. with Discountpartner.co.uk for the best deals on travel, beauty, electronics or food have a look at Discountpartner.co.uk,
we are the fastest growing digital vouchers website in the United Kingdom. We provide promotional codes,exclusive discount deals, free vouchers, digital coupons and printable coupons, special offers and the latest discount deals from 1000s of stores across the United Kingdom.
After having issues originally getting them set up (I didn't know they had to use 802.11b initially) I had 2 DW2 sensors working fine.. but a week later, they now seem to have MASSIVE delays in reporting open/close status.. sometimes up to an hour or so.
Something is clearly not working properly. I assumed the units might be faulty, and ordered 2 more.. but they are also showing this massive delay.
What can be done to fix this?
I would just go to the 433MHz version (DW1) except they only send a signal on OPEN but not again on CLOSE, so it's rather useless.
I've been having a two way with support. Everything they have asked me to do, such as pinging the server, works.
I've tried countless WiFi SSID's, HotSpots and AP's, both on and off-site. The results are the same, the DW2 will not synchronise to the server. Most of the time, WiFi connection is fine, but occasionally does not see any WiFi to connect to, after the initial BT pairing. So I have to start again.
I have around 10 Sonoff devices running on my system, with rarely a problem.
But then again, they have a different chip set compared to the DW2
So, I know it's not my network.