Introduction of Sonoff eWeLink working with IFTTT
IF This Then That (IFTTT) is a free way to get all your apps and devices talking to each other. Now! Sonoff devices seamlessly work with IFTTT. By setting up a connection between “eWeLink Smart Home" service and IFTTT App, you can create your own applets in IFTTT App to establish a trigger and response for Sonoff devices or Apps.
Here are some typical instance applications:
- IF a Sonoff device at sunrise is off, Then get instant notification
- IF a Sonoff device is on, Then send a Twitter or Facebook message
- IF the room temperature is lower than a specific degrees, Then turn the heater on and send email notification
- Unlimited possibilities...
IFTTT Supported devices list of Sonoff:
Sonoff S26, Sonoff T1 US, Sonoff S31, Sonoff T1 UK, Sonoff T1 EU, Sonoff S30, Sonoff 4CH, Sonoff 4CH Pro, Sonoff Dual, Sonoff LED, Sonoff, Sonoff RF, Sonoff SV, Sonoff Slampher, Sonoff Touch EU/US, S20 Smart Socket, S22, Sonoff Pow, Sonoff TH10/TH16 and Sonoff Hum, BN-SZ01, Sonoff G1, 1 Channel Inching /Self-Locking WiFi Switch.
Unsupported model list:
Sonoff iFan02, RF Bridge 433, iFan, Sonoff SC, Sonoff B1.
Here is an example case to demonstrate how to set up IFTTT for getting email notification triggered by Sonoff TH10 with Si7021( Temperature and Humidity Sensor ) and heater.
IF temperature is lower than 29 ℃, the heater will turn On automatically, Then send me a email notification.
1. Get Started
- Sonoff TH10 connects with Si7021 and heater (Refer to TH10 user manual)
- eWeLink installation, register and login, set up connection with Sonoff TH10 (Refer to Getting Started instruction)
- IFTTT installation and login
2. IFTTT links with eWeLink
- Go to IFTTT Search and type in “eWeLink”, you’ll find eWeLink Applets or “eWeLink Smart Home” services. Choose “eWeLink Smart Home” service as blow shown.
- Connect eWeLink and Log in your account which you have registered before
3. Set TH0 is On as “ IF This” trigger and Getting email notification as “Then That” response
- Go to My Applets, create a new applet to establish trigger and response between Heater and Email App. Set “ IF This” condition as below.
- From IFTTT New Applets list, go to “Search services” and type in “eWeLink”, you’ll find “eWwLink Smart Home” service. Select trigger of “ 1 Channel Switch turned on or off”, choose the device name and condition as trigger. (Here we choose TH10 and on )
- Set “Then That” response of getting email notification when TH10 (or Heater) is on.
- All above setting completed, an email notification will be received when the heater is on ( room temperature is lower than 29℃)
There are existing eWeLink Applets in IFTTT, you also can use the one matched with your application.