1. Checklist before asking Alexa to control your home appliances
A. Your mobile device has been connected to a 2.4G Wi-Fi network.
B. Your mobile device can download apps from App Store or Google Play.
C. Your router is Mac-open.
D. Your Sonoff device can work with Alexa.
E. Your Amazon Alexa device can work well (No fault)
Pair Amazon account with your Amazon Alexa device (Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, and Amazon Tap)
1. Download and install “Amazon Alexa” app.
If eWeLink doesn’t release an Alexa Skill in your native language, I advise you to voice control your home appliances in English. For iOS users, you have to register an US account in APP Store to download the Amazon Alexa app. For Android users, if you have any difficulties in download and install Amazon Alexa app, you should consult Amazon customer services.
Here, I take iPhone for example.
2. Register an Amazon account, and log into the Alexa app.
3. Click the menu icon on the top left corner, and go to the “Setting” choice.
4. Click the “SET UP A NEW DEVICE” button.
5. Choose a device to set up. Here, I take Echo Dot for example.
6. Select a language for your Echo.
Note that you have to choose a language that eWeLink Alexa Skill supports. If eWeLink has not released an Alexa skill in your native language, I advise you to choose English (United States).
7. Plug your Echo into a power outlet, wait for the orange light, and then tap “CONTINUE”.
8. Go to your Wi-Fi settings on your iPhone and select the network of the format Amazon-XXX.
9. Go back to the "Amazon Alexa" app, and then click the “CONTINUE” to continue Echo Dot setup.
10. Next, you’ll come to the interface that guides you to select your Wi-Fi network.
11. Choose your 2.4G Wi-Fi network and enter the right password.
12. After a while, your Echo Dot is online, and then click the “CONTINUE” button.
Wire a Home Appliance to a Sonoff Switch
The wiring diagram is almost similar. Please follow the wiring connection as follows:
Note: Before wiring, you have to cut off the power supply.
After you finish the wiring, please follow the steps below to add it into your eWeLink account. The pairing process of all Sonoff devices are almost same. So here, I just take Sonoff Basic for example to show you the pairing process.
Pair Sonoff devices with Your eWeLink account
1. Download and install the eWeLink app. Search “eWeLink” in APP Store for iOS version or Google play for Android version.
2. Launch the app, and then register an eWeLink account to login.
3. Power up your Sonoff device, and you’ll notice its LED indicator light is on.
4. Press the Sonoff device’s pairing button for 5-7 seconds until the green LED indicator light fast blinks.
5. Click the “+” option on eWeLink app to add your Sonoff device.
6. Please select the pairing mode. Usually, we choose Quick Pairing Mode (TOUCH). Then click Next.
Note: If the device firmware is 1.6.0 or higher, please select Quick Pairing Mode (TOUCH).
If the firmware of above models is lower than 1.6.0, please select Compatible Pairing Mode (AP).
7. It will auto-search the network, and then you need to enter your new network name and password.
Note: Your Sonoff device and Alexa device need to be connected to the same network.
8. Name the device to complete. Note that the name must be a voice recognized word for Alexa, such as “light”.
9. The device will show “Online” on eWeLink device list after one minute. If it always shows “Offline”, please close eWeLink and re-open.
Now, make sure you can turn on/off the connected home appliance via eWeLink app. Just have a try on your iPhone.
Connect Sonoff Devices to Amazon Alexa
1. Open “Amazon Alexa” app, tap on the menu on its upper left corner.
2. Go to “Skills & Games”.
3. Enter "ewelink"(in full lowercase) in the search field and search, and then tap "eWeLink Smart Home"
4. Click the “ENABLE” button.
5. Enter your eWeLink account information and tap on 'Log In' to connect your eWeLink account to your Amazon account.
6. After a few minutes, you can see eWeLink Smart Home has been successfully linked. Just click the Go Back icon.
7. There will be a prompt asking to discover devices. Tap on "DISCOVER DEVICES".
8. Now, Alexa is looking for devices.
9. After a while, you can see all devices on your eWeLink account will be found by Alexa, shown as follows.
10. Ask Alexa to turn on or off your home appliance with a voice command.
“Alexa, turn on light”,
“Alexa, turn off light”.