1.Checklist before using the device
- Your smart phone or tablet has connected to a 2.4G WiFi with internet.(Is Sonoff product working with 5G or will it in the future?)
- You have the correct WiFi password.
- Your smart phone or tablet must have access to APP store, Google Play.
- Your router turns off Mac address filtering
2. Download “eWeLink” app. (Can the app be used on PC?)
3.Register an eWeLink account
Please use your local WiFi or mobile network to register and close VPN, or your account may be connected to a wrong server which can cause error when sharing control with other account or make the device offline frequently afterwards.
Note: Asian users can only register with phone number and share control to account registered with phone number, while users in America and Europe with email address. (Failed to register an eWeLink account)
5. Follow below wiring instruction to connect the device. (More instructions for wiring please go to the Sonoff Product Guide sections)
L ——————————————— L
6. Add device
1. Power up the device after you complete the installation.
2. Press the button for 7 seconds until the green LED fast blinks.
7.Pair the device
Open eWeLink app, click”+”, you’ll see the pairing icons. Please select the pairing mode according to below instructions:
If the led blinks like this: please select Quick Pairing Mode (TOUCH), tap Next.
Please refer to this video： https://youtu.be/TfjvW3mEXnA
If the led blinks like this:
a. If the device firmware is 1.6.0 or higher, please select Quick Pairing Mode (TOUCH). Otherwise, it will fail to add the device. Click Next.
b. If the firmware of above models is lower than 1.6.0, please select Compatible Pairing Mode (AP) icon, click Next. iOS users should go to Phone Setting>WiFi>connect the WiFi begins with ITEAD-******, enter default password 12345678. Go back to eWeLink, click next.
Please refer to this video：https://youtu.be/iCRq5obr_SE
c. It will auto-search and connect smart home device around you.
8. Input your home SSID & password:
If there is no password for your WiFi, keep it blank.
9. Name the device to complete.
Maybe the device is “Offline” on eWeLink, for the device needs 1 minute to connect to your router and server.
10. When the green LED on, the device is “Online” and ready for remote control.
If eWeLink shows still “Offline”, please close eWeLink and re-open.
For device offline/network unavailable issue, please go to the troubleshooting section here.