Start a new topic

DW2 several Problems

Just received 3 units of DW2 and configured them.

- The first one is short circuited on the battery, it pairs, but the magnet does not work and the battery gets hot. Trying to convince the Sonooff oficial store on Aliexpress that this is not normal. It is a shame, the person that is answering my messages does not know what a short is. I'll have to open a dispute on Aliexpress since the person is stalling me.

- The second one is disconnecting from the app at some periods and for no particular reason reconnects again. Already changed position with the second unit (considering weak signal) but the problem remains.

- The third one seams to work fine for now.

- Tha two that as working do not show more than 2 days of logs and it do not report all logs. Since it is a security device, the minimum is that it is reliable when it opens and closes.  

3 people have this problem

Comprei 4 unidades DW2 e eles funcionam alguns minutos e depois para de funcionar do nada. Muito ruim o produto. E tenho vários produtos da marca e todos perfeitos

1 person likes this
Estou com os mesmos problemas nos DW2. Comprei 2 sonoff DW2, e ambos não estão funcionando corretamente. Constantemente ficam desconectados da rede wifi, e muitas vezes não enviam a informação quando fecham ou abrem o circuito. Todos os outros sonoffs na minha rede wi-fi funcionam normalmente (Basic e mini).

I have no problems with wifi connection. It's the sync to the backend server that's the problem.

I can see the DW2 connected to my WiFi Router but the problem lies elsewhere.

I have the same problems with DW2. I bought 2 sonoff DW2, and both are not working properly. They are constantly disconnected from the wifi network, and when they are connected, often do not send information when they close or open the doors. All other sonoffs on my wi-fi network work normally (Basic and mini).

Strangely, i've tested my DW2 with a mobile phone hotspot using 4G for the backhaul.

It worked!  No delay or anything negative. 

So there is something about my router that is preventing the DW2 talking to home. 

I've even used 119.29.29.29  for DNS and that didn't work.

So I am going to change my router and see if another one will work with just the standard default settings.

My DW2's used to work great.. for 2-3 days, and then they started this strange behaviour where they are offline most of the time, and when they are online, there are massive delays in their state changes.

Really frustrating.

I have some Zigbee based Sonoff devices arriving today, and I hope they are better.

I changed my router's configuration from 11b/g/n to 11b. I'm testing..... Now it is working better.

See the wifi configuration at the end of the webpage: https://sonoff.tech/product/wifi-smart-home-security/dw2

Sofa Carpet Washing Services is a commercial cleaning company specializing in cleaning services for offices,

education, industrial, healthcare facilities and more. Let us help you with all of your janitorial needs

Carpet cleaning

My Zigbee based Sonoff door/window sensors are now installed and working as expected. Model number SNZB-04. Now if only ITEAD could figure out the issue with the DW2 via firmware update, or give us a refund, that would be nice. At this point, I have removed all DW2 sensors from my house.

1 person likes this
I have already complained several times with the company Sonoff, and they always say that the problem is not with the DW2 device. I bought 4 units and they all have the same problem. and the complaint is general, as DW2 does not work. no problem with any internet. I've already placed it less than 5mm and it doesn't change anything. lives disconnected and as it is active does not notify. the device just sucks. they could at least switch to the new one they say works. the more the company becomes blind and the customer loses.

I know it's not a 'solution' but at least if you get the Zigbee Bridge and the Zigbee door sensors, they work, are smaller, and last longer on a smaller battery.

To be honest, the fact the DW2 requires 802.11b Wi-Fi to work, is not a good sign. That is them trying to get away with the least amount of power usage possible... even when using 2 x AAA batteries.

It is my understanding that the SNZB-04 lasts longer, using just a 'button battery'.

I'll be glad to disable 802.11b Wi-Fi on my network now.

I am facing the same problem and the solution is still not found even my almost so much work disturb due to DW2 several Problems. Now I think I should just move on as I can't bear anymore lose if you guys have any suggestions let me know my blog is: https://www.researchprospect.com/research-methodology/ 

I have been informed that a firmware update is being developed. Not too sure how it can be applied if the DW2 cannot connect to the backend server. Just have to wait... I was able to connect using a different router with everything set to defaults. Of course, in the real world, routers will have port forwarding, add blocking, and a host of other options that may prevent smart devices working.
I bought 4 units was the biggest loss I ever had, because every 3 days I spend two batteries. I'm imagining buying a battery adapter and connecting them to electricity. because the company launches on the market a product that consumes super high.
Login or Signup to post a comment