Start a new topic

DW2 several Problems

Just received 3 units of DW2 and configured them.

- The first one is short circuited on the battery, it pairs, but the magnet does not work and the battery gets hot. Trying to convince the Sonooff oficial store on Aliexpress that this is not normal. It is a shame, the person that is answering my messages does not know what a short is. I'll have to open a dispute on Aliexpress since the person is stalling me.

- The second one is disconnecting from the app at some periods and for no particular reason reconnects again. Already changed position with the second unit (considering weak signal) but the problem remains.

- The third one seams to work fine for now.

- Tha two that as working do not show more than 2 days of logs and it do not report all logs. Since it is a security device, the minimum is that it is reliable when it opens and closes.  

1 person has this problem

DW2 not working,, I have 7 pieces,but not one is working, Mistake
Not had to configure my WiFi as it's runs b,g,n anyway. It always connected to WiFi, just wouldn't sync with servers. I could ping server and see the landing web page with Chrome browser, but DW2 had problems with it. Now ok.

I'm having the same issue about opened/closed status... It's taking too many time to update the open/close status.  I bought one to test in my security system.
I have another sensor from Tuya that is working fine and without to configure the AP to 802.11b. It's running on other WiFi patterns!
In this case, Tuya/Smart Life is winning... 

I have the same problem. DW2 sensor cannot connect to router tp-link ac1200. always unsuccessful. but when I connect with hotsport mobile phone no problem. does my router not support DW2 sensor. anyone can help.

losing my money buying 4 DW2, ad AA batteries lasts a maximum of 12 days. this becomes totally unviable. horrible device

1 person likes this

I hope your problem is fixed 

techgut

I have been facing a similar problem like yours now it's fixed I have used this website 

TINDER OOPS SOMETHING WENT WRONG ERROR

Wait a week or so until they simply stop responding, or take HOURS to reflect a door open/close. Im sorry to say, but every DW2 I purchased, was wasted money.

I bought 4 units was the biggest loss I ever had, because every 3 days I spend two batteries. I'm imagining buying a battery adapter and connecting them to electricity. because the company launches on the market a product that consumes super high.
I have been informed that a firmware update is being developed. Not too sure how it can be applied if the DW2 cannot connect to the backend server. Just have to wait... I was able to connect using a different router with everything set to defaults. Of course, in the real world, routers will have port forwarding, add blocking, and a host of other options that may prevent smart devices working.

I am facing the same problem and the solution is still not found even my almost so much work disturb due to DW2 several Problems. Now I think I should just move on as I can't bear anymore lose if you guys have any suggestions let me know my blog is: https://www.researchprospect.com/research-methodology/ 

To be honest, the fact the DW2 requires 802.11b Wi-Fi to work, is not a good sign. That is them trying to get away with the least amount of power usage possible... even when using 2 x AAA batteries.

It is my understanding that the SNZB-04 lasts longer, using just a 'button battery'.

I'll be glad to disable 802.11b Wi-Fi on my network now.

I know it's not a 'solution' but at least if you get the Zigbee Bridge and the Zigbee door sensors, they work, are smaller, and last longer on a smaller battery.

I have already complained several times with the company Sonoff, and they always say that the problem is not with the DW2 device. I bought 4 units and they all have the same problem. and the complaint is general, as DW2 does not work. no problem with any internet. I've already placed it less than 5mm and it doesn't change anything. lives disconnected and as it is active does not notify. the device just sucks. they could at least switch to the new one they say works. the more the company becomes blind and the customer loses.

My Zigbee based Sonoff door/window sensors are now installed and working as expected. Model number SNZB-04. Now if only ITEAD could figure out the issue with the DW2 via firmware update, or give us a refund, that would be nice. At this point, I have removed all DW2 sensors from my house.

Login or Signup to post a comment