Start a new topic

SonOff switch weird blinking and cannot pair!

My devices were connected to an old router to which I have no access any more. They were running v1.5.5 and when I connected them last.

Upon trying plugging in the device, the LED is blinking once every second like this for 4 times which according to the website it means: "the device has connected to the router but fail to connect to the server"

After four times of blinking twice like the image above, it starts blinking like this for 26 times:

According to the manual this means " The LED blinks once every 1s, and the device is offline."

I am then trying to set the device to pairing mode, but I can't get it to enter into pairing mode consistently.

If I click on the button and hold for 7 seconds while the device is blinking in the "offline phase" (single, one second blinks) then the device blinks three tims and then turns on a constant green light for 5 seconds and then it starts pulsing like this:

for 3 seconds. and then enters the "offline" mode.

When I plug the device out and back in, and try holding the reset button a few times then the wifi access point evenrually comes up, only lasts for a few seconds and then goes dead.  Every dot below is 500ms of Active AP time so the maximum time I've managed to see the AP active has been 7 seconds before going dead again, and that's not even consistant every time.

I have deleted the device from the app, so that's not an issue. The problem is that the app does not detect the device at all. I've used 4 different android phones

Could there be something with the board ?

Login or Signup to post a comment