Start a new topic

D1 switches on its own

My D1 Dimmer Module, controlled by Android app eweLink, switches on its own - apart from the timers set in the app. I already reinstalled and paired the D1 module without success.

Pairing had be difficult, too. My 9th attempt in Quick Pairing mode was successful, but did not solve the problem of randomly switching.

20 people have this problem

i removed all mentioned resistors and now it is not working neither via app and remote, so be careful...

Are there any other devices where this just works? its driving me crazy and I'd prefer to just replace. 

Chris B, I got the DM1 for the scheduling feature. I did not purchase a remote as I thought the app would be all I would need. After months of possessed lighting in my iguana enclosure I opened a trouble ticket with Sonoff who were kind enough to send me a remote. The instructions I got from Sonoff were vague, at best. After some digging, I found this on page 5 of this thread:

Andrew.l.owens
said a year ago

Step by step (assuming you already have the dimmer connected to the app, and have the latest firmware on the dimmer - currently 3.5.0 - in the app, select the dimmer by clicking on the name line, (assuming you have already been to the settings page and already clicked through the information pages), click on the “...” circle at the top right, choose “settings”, look at the top row (should show 3.5.0), scroll down to bottom row (should show PSF-BLD-GL)) then:

- turn OFF the power to the dimmer

- wait 30 seconds (to ensure the dimmer is FULLY powered down)

- hold the RF remote next to the dimmer - touching is best
- turn ON the power to the dimmer; immediately (within 5 seconds) press and HOLD one of the buttons on the remote. I always use the top left “ON” button. The dimmer should emit one beep. If no beep, start the whole sequence again.

- wait two minutes. This step is not in the instructions, but I have found it helps make the pairing more likely to succeed.

- use the remote to turn the bulb on and off using the top left and top right buttons, to prove it is paired.

- now just wait and see if the ghost switching returns. Mine generally starts within 5-30 minutes.

- if it is still ghost switching, de-pair the remote by pressing and holding the bottom left button until the dimmer beeps. Start the whole sequence again. Repeat as often as needed until the ghost switching stops (four of my dimmers took 3 or 4 attempts, one dimmer took 17!).

Top tip: if you have more than one dimmer using the same remote, power it/them off whilst pairing the next one to avoid de-pairing one(s) already working. Be aware that powering each dimmer back on carries the risk of it messing up the pairing within the first 5 seconds - I had one dimmer beep (suggesting it had paired with “something else” (that didn't exist, I was in a shielded room)) and ghost switching can return if you are unlucky. It shouldnt happen, but I had it, so it is possible. Power them back on one at a time, and WAIT in between. I suspect there are RF emissions from the dimmer (or electrical circuit) that can interfere with each other. Patience is everything with these dimmers!

Its very interesting

rudolph

I have previously emailed Sonoff/Itead without receiving a response in regard to many flaws in various devices. Please remember that the majority of users have Day Jobs, and are not electronics Fundi's, and that products should be designed to be everything they can and should be through solely through APP option settings. Using the term DIY is confusing and should only be referred to as IFTTT mode, and NOT DIY mode. DIY mode is the Simple, Easy to Use mode that us Joe Everyday use, and it should be kept simple. If I watch another video with half baked instructions on how to pair, use, or adjust settings that is not clear and does not perform exactly as per your instructions, or I hear some electronics Fundi telling us to "Flash" this or that, or remove hardwired components on the PC board to make something work, I'm going to Shit in a Bag and send it to you by courier !!! I do hope you get my message, as I am battling with the same problem in regard to the D1 Dimmer that multiple users are having, and as other users have complained, the devices might be Cheap in US $ terms, but that they are Not Cheap in many countries where some of us live, where our local currency can be 15+ local units to one US$, which makes buying your products Not Cheap at all !!!
Login or Signup to post a comment