Start a new topic

D1 switches on its own

My D1 Dimmer Module, controlled by Android app eweLink, switches on its own - apart from the timers set in the app. I already reinstalled and paired the D1 module without success.

Pairing had be difficult, too. My 9th attempt in Quick Pairing mode was successful, but did not solve the problem of randomly switching.

8 people have this problem

I also have problems with the D1 coming on by itself.  I have cleared the RF codes by holding down the bottom left button and repaired it.  But this only helped on one of my two modules.  It started by only coming on sometimes in the middle of the night but now it is also turning itself off sometimes.

I have the same problem with D1 like a lot of other people...

Probably it's a device design flaw.

I tested a partial modding like those described here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq8_os6g13s
unfortunately with no effective improvements.

A lot of discussions about D1 ghost switching can be found here:
https://github.com/arendst/Tasmota/issues/7598#issuecomment-598431846

I had a similar pairing problem with Android.Sometimes even like 10 times. Once connected to the E-welink app the dimmer worked fine.

After that, it switches on its own randomly???

I don´t have RM433 remote control, do you know how I could clear the code otherwise?

One more problem from me:

-D1 no dimming TOSHIBA led A60 E27!

D1 Pairing had be difficult, too. My 9th attempt in Quick Pairing mode was successful, but did not solve the problem of randomly switching.

1 person likes this
Updates.
I have de-paired my 2 D1 from their RF remote controls (long press of left button) and after about 24 hours I had definitively no ghost switching on!
Of course the dimmers are almost unusable if I can't use the remote control...

So I suspect that there is a firmware bug in the routine that wait and check for RF signals.
Maybe a firmware upgrade could solve the problem.

Same problem for me, 3 D1 dimmer and they randomly switch on, I use it only with Google home, without rf433 remote, or by ewelink app. And I don't like when the lights wakes me up in the middle of the night ! I hope a solution will be find quickly !

1 person likes this

Try pairing the RF remote controls again after the clearing. I have 4 D1 dimmers with 4 RM433 remotes. They all had the issue with randomly switching on, but ALL of them had no issues after clearing and then repairing. No issues for about two weeks now.

I had the same results: after re-pairing my 2 D1 with their RF remotes I had no ghost switching on for the last 8 hours.

The only difference is that I originally paired the remotes with the D1 just out of the box, before connecting to the eWelink app.

Now the re-pairing occurred with the wifi connection already established.

Let's see...:)

Same bug here. No RF controller, I am just controlling the dimmer through android eWelink app. It keeps switches on its own after approximately 2 hours. Also, noticed that my led filament bulbs are flickering from 1% to 40% dimm. I used to have another no-name wifi dimmer on the same bulbs and I had never experienced this flickering effect. The only reason I switched to sonoff D1 is the "Power on state" option, but it seems like I have even more problems to handle right now... I'll give it some time to get any update that might fix the issues, otherwise I'm switching it back to the old one. 

Cheers

2 people like this
I still do not like that dimmers are not symmetrical. From 60% up, almost nothing will change.
I have many types of led dimmable lamps and dimmers.
The behavior of a lamp when dimmed mostly depends on the electronics inside,  I found very different results.
And consider that AFAIK the dimming type of D1 is leading edge and not trailing edge, so it's not the best for led lamps.

If you don't need an RF remote (the reason why I bought the D1) and maybe need a physical button, along with app control and compatibility to all the available voice assistants, Shelly Dimmer is a far better product (and smaller).

Update: It is the 2nd day living with the D1. During the last 4 hours, D1 dimmed down from 15% to 1% 3 times on it's own. Wow. Everyday is a whole new experience with this devil-dimmer.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment