Start a new topic

Sonoff USB Micro doesn't pair

I got two pieces of a brand new product: Sonoff Micro.

I am now trying to pair Sonoff Micro with eWeLink, and both devices fail to pair with my Android eWeLink 3.14.1. Other Sonoff devices pair without problems.

After connecting to USB, both devices LED flashes quickly for 3 minutes.

When trying to pair with QR, I get:

Connect device ✓

Get device info

And it fails: Pairing failed, Cannot find device

When trying Quick pairing or Compatibility pairing, both of them find the device, but then the pairing never finishes.

When trying to connect manually to the Sonoff WiFi, there is a problem: eWeLink says that I should use password "12345678". But both my Sonoff Micro have open AP without password.

Clicking to Network diagnostics show three times OK.

I tried to debug the problem, and it seems that Sonoff USB Micro is sold with a different firmware incompatible with eWeLink.

Other devices in Compatibility mode create a WiFi AP with password 12345678, with IP addresses 10.10.7.1 (Sonoff) and 10.10.7.2 (phone). After running eWeLink, I see the device connection to my router.

http://10.10.7.1/device returns JSON with deviceid, apikey, accept and chipid chunks.

But both Sonoff Micro devices behave differently: they create an open AP without password, with IP addresses 192.168.1.1 (Sonoff) and 192.168.1.2 (phone). I see no attempt to connect to my WiFi router after running eWeLink.

http://192.168.1.1/device returns JSON with "data" chunk only.

{"data":"IcE6R ... long string skipped ... O2x"}

Is anybody else experiencing the same problem? How to proceed? I already opened a ticket, but I don't have any reply yet.

1 person has this problem

Hi Stanislav, 

Did you ever resolve this issue?  I received my Sonoff Micro today and I am having exactly the same issue as you.

Thanks

Stephen 

No, I did not resolve it. I am still waiting for the reply from Itead. They asked for video 1 month ago. I sent it. Now I am waiting for their reply. Ticket #438951.

Terrible support.

Hi,

Just thought I would let you know I managed to get my device to connect.  I removed or forgot all the wireless networks on my phone and connected only to my 2.4ghz network.  I could then add the device and once connected I re joined my 5ghz networks.

Good luck :)

ste

Well, I was able to connect as well. The hardware itself works. But even after manual pairing, eWelink refuses to register the device.

I am having exactly the same problem. I am able to connect with the device but it stalls while trying to get the device info. Hopefully the solution is just a simple app update.

I did not solve my issue. There is no new eWeLink version in my Google Play. My one is 3.14.1 dated 2019-12-16. Which version do you have?

I am using the same version 3.14.1. Not sure if the device matters but mine is a Pixel 3XL, although I can't see that being an issue.

Hallo,

Ich habe 5 dieser USB-Mikroschalter. Ich konnte 3 problemlos mit dem QR-Code koppeln, es dauerte keine 30 Sekunden. 2 Ich konnte keine Verbindung herstellen, ein Gerät enthält einen falschen QR-Code und ich habe gleich zu Beginn versehentlich einen weggeworfen. -Diese beiden Geräte sind jedoch nicht mit der Schnellverbindung gekoppelt, und andere Methoden waren ebenfalls nicht erfolgreich: /

Login or Signup to post a comment