Start a new topic

IFTTT: please allow rules for all events using "ingredients"

I am using IFTTT eWeLink interface a lot for my Sonoff devices.

Currently eWeLink supports rules that match just one device and only on or off (never both). If you have more devices with a similar function, you have to write two rules for each device (one for On, one for Off).

But IFTTT supports so called "ingredients". It make possible to write just a single rule with parameters. Even eWeLink IF rules already support ingredients.

Following small improvement could make Sonoff programming via IFTTT much easier:

In case of eWeLink as IFTTT IF events, please make possible to write a rule that makes possible to react to ALL events (both On and Off) of ALL devices. The processing could be done by the THEN service by using these "ingredients" (e. g. DeviceName and OnorOff). It will allow me to write a single rule that could process feedback of all my devices.

Example:

Complete trigger fields

Step 2 of 6

Which 1 Channel Plug?

ALL

Turned on or off?

ALL

Similarly, in case of eWeLink as IFTTT THEN events, please make possible to fill "Which * Plug?" and "Turn on or off?" from "ingredients". It will make possible to write a rule that controls more switches by parameters ("ingredients").

Example:

Which 1 Channel Plug?

{DeviceName}

Turned on or off?

{OnorOff}

2 people like this idea
Login or Signup to post a comment