Start a new topic

Feature Request: Scripting

A feature in eWeLink that would be most useful to me and I'm sure to many other Sonoff 2 or 4 Channel switch users would be scripting, What I mean by that it giving users the ability to easily create a script of events that you could trigger to occur on a timer or manually just with the push of a single button. Here's an example of what I mean:

Example Simple Script for a Sonoff 4 Channel Switch

1. Switch 1 turns on and stays on for a user set period of time (e.g. 2 minutes)

2. Four minutes after Switch 1 shuts off, Switch  2 turns on for a user set period of time

3. One minute after Switch 2 turns on (or 5 minutes after Switch 1 turned off) Switch 3 turns on for a user set period of time.

This type of script could also be used to control multiple Sonoff devices, not just the 2 and four channel gang switches.

Having the ability to easily program such scripts would open up a world of possibilities for Sonoff device users. If you can add some If yes do this, if no do nothing or something else type logic to the scripting capabilities, it would make eWeLink a great tool for controlling Sonoff devices. Right now, if I want to program such a script for my Sonoff 4 CH Pro R2 switch, I'd have to flash new firmware and learn how to program it all in Tasmota or some other lanquage but I think you probably have programmers who are smart enough to give eWeLink this capability. Please put this challenge to them and see what they can come up with. I would be very happy to help beta test any new software they come up with.

Thank you for considering my suggestion.

1 person likes this idea
Login or Signup to post a comment