Start a new topic

sonoff 5v led blinks 4 times fast

The module was programed and working well. after a couple of days the batteries powering it died. I replaced the batteries, but the module only  flashes 4 times.cannot re connect to it. i can manually turn the relay on or off. i can also get it into flashing mode. any hel would be greatly appreciated

Tom

7 people have this question

i have the some problem with the TX series i haven´t used, as soon i connected to the power it stays like this. blink a few times than pauses and blink more few time and pauses again and stays like for ever. i have made a test in a room are i have a sonoff basic that is working fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf3RGIj3wUU

does any one with same problem, how to fix this?

I guess that it is not possible to get it out of this mode without flashing it. As I have not heard a thing from the supplier or this company, despite many messages over weeks, I can only assume that they are not interested, therefore I have brought a tool to flash it with. It's on the slow boat from China, when it arrives and I have a chance to try it, I will update here. I am not sure if it can be flashed with the original software, but I'll try to do this first as I brought it to use with the eWelink app. If not I will look into the alternatives. What with this, a new camera that won't connect and now a new TH16 where you can't use the scheduling or timing with the temperature (how extremely poor), I'm really losing faith in this company and their products.

Well, it seems that the only thing to do, is to flash it with another firmware, but I guess it would be tricky to get The ESP8266  into flashmode, without doing a “hack” directly on the chip.

ITead are behaving very unprofessional when they do not respond to our cry for help.

I will buy something else next time.

I'm having the same issue with all my 3 Sonoff usb devices. I can't find any instructions on how to flash it without using flash mode. Anybody knows how to flash a new firmware onto a Sonoff Wifi 5v switch using the board directly?
Login or Signup to post a comment