Start a new topic

Loop Timer

Hallo, here is another "Loop Timer" Thread:

I used it once and it is not intuitive to set up in the setting, so I want to clear here how to do it and what is what.

Here two examples:

Cycle: 3 min

Start action: OFF

After: 1 min

Action:  ON

This will switch on for 2 minutes and off for 1 minute.

Exactly: it will start off and after 1 minute it will switch on. Two minutes later, the cycle is over and restarts with off, etc.

Cycle: 10 min
Start action: ON
After: 3 min
Action:  OFF

This will switch on at the beginning of the cycle and keep it on for 3 minutes. Then the After-Action (OFF) is fired and the switch is off for 7 minutes, till the cycle restarts again.

The difficult thing to intuitively understand is, that the cycle it the whole time, not the ON or OFF part.

I thought the cycle is only a part of it, e.g. cycle 2 min ON, after 1 min OFF would mean 2 minutes on, 1 minute off :)

Hope this helps anybody, like I found that thread:
https://support.itead.cc/support/discussions/topics/11000012452

to understand (thanks).

frank

1 Comment

I tested this feature here. Let's go one way to understand.

Some definition options:

Start time: When the first cycle will be begin.

Cycle: How long time duration the cycle

Start Action: State that will be put the device as soon as cycle start

Additional configuration 

You can enable after option with check in it.

After: How long after start new cycle, the action will be triggered. 

Action: Action that will be trigger  

Example 1:

Start time: 01/01/2020 07:00 AM

Start Action: OFF

After Checkout

In this case the cycle start in 01/01/2020 07:00 AM (Start Time), and duration of the cycle is 10 min (Cycle), it is mean that as seven on clock when was configure Start Date in that day, this device will be put automatically in turn OFF (Start Action- "Action starting when as begin cycle"). If we manually turn ON the device at 7:09 (by app or switch) after pass the one minute to the end cycle, the device automatically will put in turn OFF, because start new cycle, the exactly one minute that on left to finish the cycle, in this case this way it will stay ON for just one minute

Think this other possibility for make a clear. Suppose the device is put turn on at 07:05 (manually by switch os app), after pass the five minute to the end cycle,  the device automatically will put in turn OFF, in this case, the exactly five  minute that on left to finish the cycle, this way it will stay ON for just five minute

In both case the only certainty we have is that the device will always be turned off at the beginning of each cycle. Does't t is the action that start cycle, but so only the time that was set up to begin the cycle, start time, after this every time the device start new cycle the action is put in the device. Because this the device stay in turn ON by different minutes in the both case.

in the next example we will use checkin the option after, as follow below:  

Example 2:

Start time: 01/01/2020 07:00 AM

Start Action: OFF

checkin After

After: 5min

Action: ON

In the example the only difference is after spending five minutes after start a cycle the device will be turn ON automatically, because was configuration action for the after. 

Finally the loop time feature allows us to setup an action to happen at the beginning of each loop and optionally another action for some time after the loop has started and before finish it. Because this we cant setup Cycle time less than after time, it need happen between start and finish the cycle.

Login or Signup to post a comment