Start a new topic
Solved

Sonoff Mini Not detecting physical switch

Hi,

I've installed a sonoff mini and connected the signal wires to 3 3 way wall switches.

If I try to switch ON/OFF the sonoff using the app, there is no problem, it works like a charm always, but when I do it using the wall switches it just works "sometimes".

For what reasson can it be caused?

Is there any maximum length for the wires?

Should I activate any flag in the app?

5 people have this problem

i've the same problem, sometimes not recognized the fisical switch or sometimes turn on the lite 3 o 4 second later. 

I have the same problem. when I activate it through the app, the keys stop working (it is with a switched connection). however if it is off, let me turn on from the keys

Same problem here. Someone has solved? 

I will try to change the device with another to understand if is a device problem or a model/firmware issue.

Same happens to me. Not allways. It happens when connecting a transformer to power a led bulb.
After installing 8 Sonoff mini, I have this issue in 5 of them. They allways work with APP, but only sometimes with external switch. For instance, one of them workd fine when another light connected in the same circuit is OFF. If I turn ON this other light, then Sonoff external switch stops working. I definitely prefer other brands (KKmoon for instance) wifi switches. They use live wire for external switch, thus making simpler to adapt an existing instalation, even with multiple switches without need to install new wires. I hope Itead solves this issue, otherwise your product is dead.
I have done lots of tests to diagnose the failure causes. In my case, if I switch ON a dimmer that controls lights in my dining room at medium intensity, none of my sonoff mini devices work with external switch. If this dimmer is OFF or 100%, then all devices work properly.

Hi Fan, tell me your electrical wires go in the same sheath?

They are even in different rooms.

cela peut être dû à la distance du câblage

mon câblage aller-retour est de 12 m

Longest wire from Sonoff to light or to switch is 5 meters. I don't think this issue is due to cable lenght. 1st time I detected this issue was switching an electronic transformer 230-12V to power a LED. I changed to a classic 230 V bulb and problem was solved. 2nd time I detected this issue was due to the use of an electronic dimmer to power several bulbs. When dimmer is dimming, none of the Sonoff work with external switch. One of them is connected in the same screw wire connector, so one can expect some voltage difference when dimming. But other two sonoff are connected in other rooms (same lights circuit, of course) and have the same issue.
Creo que tiene relación con el efecto capacitivo. En algunas lámparas led ésta capacidad parásita hace que no se lleguen a apagar. Pero debe haber algo más, ya que no siempre sucede. Estaría bien saber cómo funciona exactamente la entrada del dispositivo para saber si puede ser actuado por una señal que se acople o induzca en ella.
Quizás esté afectándole corrientes armónicas (Por lo que comenta Fran del transformador electrónico).
Is the support team reading this forum to help us?
Last news: I connected the dimmer in a diferent circuit and the behaviour is the same. What is this dimmer doing in my installation that makes Sonoff don't detect S1-S2 switch?
Login or Signup to post a comment