Start a new topic

OPS stop working on Sonoff Pow R2

OPS stop working on my Sonoff Pow R2, after last firmware update 3.3.0.

Anyone else has the same problem?

6 people have this problem

But everyone doesn't want Tasmota and you can't go back to eWelink.
Robert, WRONG. You CAN GO back on ewelink. Yes, not everyone wants Tasmota, but what you will do ?? Espeacialy in this case ??

1 person likes this
I used Ewelink 3.5.8 and firmware 2.8.0 POW R2. Everything worked great. Now it is some disaster 3.9.0 and firmware 3.3.0 nothing works. I still have "network unavailable" on refresh and again (should be automatic refresh). They should replace programmers because the product is really very good

1 person likes this
said an hour ago I used Ewelink 3.5.8 and firmware 2.8.0 POW R2. Everything worked great. Now it is some disaster 3.9.0 and firmware 3.3.0 nothing works. I still have "network unavailable" on refresh and again (should be automatic refresh). They should replace programmers because the product is really very good

1 person likes this
I explained allready, but looks like PEOPLE DONT READ. Do NOT UPDATE app and FIRMWARE on Sonoff devices.. I told that allready , why people DONT READ ??? Product is AMAZING, but APP and FIRMWARE is DISASTER..That is the thruth.. Downgrading app is not a problem. Downgrading SONOFF is IMPOSSIBLE, if you dont save previous firmware..READ WHAT I AM WRITING.

1 person likes this
I also wrote many posts much earlier. I updated as soon as 3.3.0 appeared and I noticed problems immediately. Only who would know that firmware 3.3 will be such shit. It remains only to wait for the correction

2 people like this
All of this is due to the LAN function that has not worked since the beginning.

1 person likes this
hi guys... is there a way to downgrade firmware 3.3.0 to 2.8.0 ? On POW R2

1 person likes this
Did you read my post ? No, you can not downgrade, unless you have saved copy of previous one saved. Itead, what is wrong with you people? Do you realize, that there are users that pay for your product, to use it with your app? If your app does not work properly, why you just dont tell that to the buyers, and redirect them to othdr software solution like Tasmota, andnpeople would immidiately knew, what they can expect? I really dont understand, why nobody replies.. This is terrible..

2 people like this

@Bogdan Boki Thanks for reply. i have a doubt. i bought one New Sonoff POW R2 device testerday and it is having firmware 2.8.0. is it possible to backup this 2.8.0 firmware to my laptop

Yes, it is possible to do that.. But it is better, if you just dont update. No any special knowledge is required . Saving previous version is tricky . Not that simple, as it looks, but yes it is possible.. If you need advice, it is like that : Ewelink ver. 3.5.8 and dont update firmware. All works PERFECT.

Now i m searching in google for any solution by taking backup of firmware 2.8.0 from my new POW R2 device and flash this 2.8.0 firmware on device running firmware 3.3.0.

since both device are same POW R2. i think it may work. but not sure !!!

Inform me, if it will. But i think, that each sonoff has some sort of id inside firmware. That means that saved firmware will work only on the device, from which saving is made.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment