Start a new topic

Sonoff DIY mini setup

Hi I was wondering if I can use the Sonoff DIY mini in the following setup:

- Loopwire between Live and Neutral (no neutral present in my existing setup);
- Live wire in L In;
- Load wire (to lamp) in L Out;
- S1 and S2 to light rocker

Hope you can help me out if this will work. For the loopwire please see picture.

Best Regards Hanno
HEIC
(885 KB)

1 person has this question

Makes no sense to me.  In order to power the device you need voltage between L-in and N-in.

Thanks. Saw this at a instructional video of the Aeontec Nano Dimmer. So thought this might be possible with the Sonoff as well

from where you got sonoff mini early ?

Directly from iTead. I’ve pre ordered them. Came beginning this week. But hadn’t checked my wires. Was hoping to connect them without neutral wire...

1 person likes this
I love to help you out but haven’t been able to install my mini’s yet. Have to pull a neutral wire first I guess...

ITEAD ha appena lanciato il nuovo modello di deviatore Sonoff Mini WiFi Switch DIY che consente, grazie all’app eWeLink, di controllare mediante smartphone, Alexa e Google Homequalsiasi carico elettrico supportando anche un interruttore o deviatore esterno esistente. La mia guida completa in italiano.
Sonoff Mini WiFi Switch DIY | Guida completa in italiano

ITEAD ha appena lanciato il nuovo modello di deviatore Sonoff Mini WiFi Switch DIY che consente, grazie all’app eWeLink, di controllare mediante smartphone, Alexa e Google Homequalsiasi carico elettrico supportando anche un interruttore o deviatore esterno esistente. La mia guida completa in italiano.

Sonoff Mini WiFi Switch DIY | Guida completa in italiano

I just received a couple just to see if it will fit and function within my switch box. It surely is small enough so that part is ok. Now I have a question.
In each pack it also includes a micro jumper. There is no reference  to it in the user manual. Can someone tell me what it is for ?

Can't get a better picture but this should give an idea what I am talking about.

Hello, I asked the same question, they answered this https://support.itead.cc/support/tickets/329891
Clicking on the link just takes me to the login page. Can't access anything else. May be they will give you an answer some time in not so distant future. The ticket is in your account so I can't see it. Would appreciate if you copy/paste the response here.

Sorry, I thought I could share the query. I copy and paste the questions and answers: ** On Fri, 2 Aug at 6:53 PM , Hello, Could they indicate the function of the bridge, which they attach, and where it is placed, in the Sonoff Mini? Thank you Manuel B. Dear Manuel B., Thanks for your email. Please take the photo below for reference. Thanks for your email. Please take the attached file for http://dl.itead.cc/mini/MINI-quick-guide-V1.0.pdf *** This was the answer, I hope it serves Manuel B.
Login or Signup to post a comment