Start a new topic
Answered

[Query] SONOFF Mini - Switch

Hello

I am planning to buy SONOFF® Mini but i have a question

Does "self return" switch means push button switch or switches we use for door bell or regular normal switch?

if normal switch is in ON position and I turn OFF the appliance from the App then what would happen when I manually flip the switch to OFF when the appliance is already turned off by the App?  Will it work like 2 way switch or keep it OFF even with switch?

Best Answer

It will change the state of the device on every time you change the switch level. In your case , when the Normal / Physical switch was ON And you turned OFF the appliance from APP. Now when you will change the status of physical switch from ON to OFF , the appliance will ON.

1 person has this question

Answer

It will change the state of the device on every time you change the switch level. In your case , when the Normal / Physical switch was ON And you turned OFF the appliance from APP. Now when you will change the status of physical switch from ON to OFF , the appliance will ON.

1 person likes this

ITEAD ha appena lanciato il nuovo modello di deviatore Sonoff Mini WiFi Switch DIY che consente, grazie all’app eWeLink, di controllare mediante smartphone, Alexa e Google Homequalsiasi carico elettrico supportando anche un interruttore o deviatore esterno esistente. La mia guida completa in italiano.

Sonoff Mini WiFi Switch DIY | Guida completa in italiano

Yes, just like a two way switch.  The app being a switch and the physical switch being the other.  A doorbell type switch won't work as the state will always be open (except for the 2 seconds when you press it), it has to be a normal 'latched' switch that stays 0 or 1

2 people like this

You can use it as a  2 way switch by using just a regular on/off switch and the other being your phone. You can also use with standard 2 way switch configuration ( 2x 2 way switches)  and still have control over the load through eWelink on your mobile. In this case S1 and S2 connect to common terminals of the 2 2way switches and the one connect 2 wires from switched terminals to the the 2 switched terminals of the other switches.  Do remember there is NO mains connections to either of these two 2way switches,   

Momentary switches like door bell switches won't work as the state will change twice. Once when you push and then when you release. 

Login or Signup to post a comment