Start a new topic

inching erase the possibility of power-on state ON

introduction of the inching feature on all device is great, but why does it cancel the power-on state ON? without power-on state ON, it gets very difficult to verify if power goes to the sonoff switch or not (power-on state stays Off so the lamp after the switch does not turn on). Please provide power-on state selection also when inching is selected (as matter of fact it is selectable but it does not work, so this must be classified as a bug).

2 people have this problem

I am also facing the same issue and I need this because I wanted to make a delayed power off control where at the first time when the power comes it should turn on itself and then turn it off after the inching period.

1 person likes this

Exactly.

To be honest I do not know why inching should have any effect on power-on state.

This is a bug for sure

For me it is also important when Internet is down, to maintain (some sort of) control of the Sonoff device by the manual power switch.

The way I wired things up, if I can't control the power-on state of the Sonoff device and Internet is down, there is no way to switch the light ON.

Yes. You are correct

As you already mentioned, the Basic has connection via main power line, always connected between wall switch and light, so without both fucntions Inching and State ON working together, the product has FATAL ERROR in use.  We´re sorry, this product is dumb, not smart switch now. Should be easy to fix, so please, what are we waiting for?

as usual, I am wondering, if anybody at Itead/Sonoff is reading this forum to fix the bugs.

It would be nice to get a feedback from their developer team stating if/how/when they are going to do something

i have now tried to open a ticket and provide link to this discussion: let's see if it will get any attention at all.

Hey guys, any news on this matter? I'm trying to use a sonoff basic as a timer to a exhaust fan on my bathroom, but I must choose to use the power on function or the inching mode, but both of them are needed.

Nope.

Usual Sonoff response: their customer support is non existent.

They just don't care.

I also have the impression that the power-on state is no longer embedded into the device but it depends on the communication of the device with the server, ie once it is connected to wifi.

This makes the whole concept of 'power-on state' completely useless because most of the time I need it at a certain state even when my router is off.

True, there is no development to improve things in the old devices to be more smart, only minor invisible fixes. I have now problem with standard switch of lights, the new one where you can not see buttons in the light, when another device catch a move, the inching time is not extended, first must light turn off, then new move can turn on again. Absolutly idiotic.

Login or Signup to post a comment