Start a new topic

Help with Sonoff SV

Hi, I bought several Sonoff SV. One for my gate door (inching mode) , other for my irrigation system ( 24V AC electrovalvule). My door gate have 24V AC, so I think that I need external power. I read that I need to use Isolated mode. In Isolated Mode, after I remove the two resistors, I don't understand how I connect 220v, so that the two output connects have contact in order I connect to my gate door. I saw videos on YouTube, that after remove the two resistors, they connect 12v DC close to the resistors and then they make a jumper (bridge) between the two input connections. Then the two outputs are making connection when they connect. How I do the same but with 220v AC? My garden irrigation system has one 24V AC charger and the Solenoid electric Valve is 24V AC. Is there any way that I use Sonoff SV With my garden system irrigation? I saw videos on youtube that it's possible to use Sonoff SV with 220v IN and 220v OUT, like a normal Sonoff basic. It's possible to do that? If possible how? Many thanks in advance. Best Regards. Luís Ribeiro

Use isolated mode.  Power the Sonoff with a small wall-wart style transformer  that outputs 5 to 12 volts DC.

The small transformer will take your 220 VAC and convert it to low voltage DC.  Input this DC power making sure to observe the (+)(-) polarity at the pins provided on the circuit board.

With the resistors removed you then input the 24 VAC at the input terminals and it will be switched at the output.

Use isolated mode.  Power the Sonoff with a small wall-wart style transformer  that outputs 5 to 12 volts DC.

The small transformer will take your 220 VAC and convert it to low voltage DC.  Input this DC power making sure to observe the (+)(-) polarity at the pins provided on the circuit board.

With the resistors removed you then input the 24 VAC at the input terminals and it will be switched at the output.

Use isolated mode. Power the Sonoff with a small wall-wart style transformer that outputs 5 to 24 volts DC.

The small transformer will take your 220 VAC and convert it to low voltage DC. Input this DC power making sure to observe the (+)(-) polarity at the pins provided on the circuit board.

1 person likes this

You could also do the same as above in isolated mode but use a 24 VAC to 12 VDC converter instead of the wall wart transformer to power the Sonoff.  Available on eBay for around $10.00.  If you choose to do it that way everything could be powered from the 24 VAC supply.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment