Start a new topic

ewelink or smartLife devices?

I'm choosing between SmartLife noname devices and eWelink (sonoff) for my home automation. I tested noname smart breaker wich work with SmartLife app and tested Sonoff smart switches. Both of devices work fine. But I think that SmartLife application looks more attractive and comfy comparing with ewelink. Am I right ?

Which one is the better and why? I need to buy around 30 smart switches for lights in house (rooms, kitchen, etc) and afraid of making wrong choose. In future i'am planning to use that devices in Openhab+mqtt environment (without chineese cloud). 

Can you help me to make choose  ?

SmartLife noname devices surely for my home automation. I also tested noname smart breaker wich work with SmartLife app and tested Sonoff smart switches. Both of devices work fine but I confirmed through sarms. I found SmartLife application looks more attractive and comfy comparing with ewelink.

Is there something like sonoff mini that works with smart life? Sonoff mini can switch on off by app and by normal switch also.

Manos,  Sonoff mini is a competitor device for the Shelly 1.  As far as I know, there is no other device that competes with Shelly or Sonoff from the Tuya / SmartLife line. 

Here is a link to Shelly 1. 

https://shelly.cloud/shelly1-open-source/

What about Blitzwolf?

Hi,

using quite some Sonoff devices here and 2 Shelly 2.5.

Very good devices.

For the Sonoffs I flashed a new firmware since I need MQTT protocol. (Goggle for Tasmota).

The T1 I use to open/close the window blinds and mount them vertically so the buttons "show" the direction.

And it works offline, not internet required which is a must for privacy.

Some friends own Tuya devices. You can reflash most of them with Tasmota, then they are ok.

Beware the small wall plugs, impossible to open for reflash and Tuya-Convert does not always work.

Better is to use the Sonoff S20, it is bigger than S26 or the Tuyas, but you can easily reflash. And they are quite robust.

Dieter

Login or Signup to post a comment