Start a new topic

Sonoff T1 2 gang random beeping

Hi,

so I have installed one T1 2 gang, connected one output, paired it to the app and remote button. It all worked fine for couple of days, but yesterday it started to randomly make beeping sound (one beep, pause, two beeps, pause) and LED indicator flashes (two flashes, pause, repeat).

I have read that it may be problems with connecting to the server and I am going to check what I can do, BUT I can't find information why T1 is beeping out of the blue.. There is the problem, because this night I had to take it off the wall and disconnect to have a normal sleep.

Also few times I have found that second output (gang 2, which is not connected) turned ON without my knowledge.

What can be the probems??

16 people have this problem

The three switches giving me problems are all 10006 and not 10008, and they are all T1 3C or 3 gange switches, the T1 2C, two gangs, have not given many any problems. All of them running 3.3.0 at this point.

Has anyone tried adding their devices to a "Guest" network on their router? Make sure nothing else connects to the guest network, only the Sonoff devices and then use your normal network for all your other devices.

My Mate did this and his switches hasn't beeped since... i am sceptical though and don't have the time at the moment to test for myself... Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone tried adding their devices to a "Guest" network on their router? Make sure nothing else connects to the guest network, only the Sonoff devices and then use your normal network for all your other devices.

My Mate did this and his switches hasn't beeped since... i am sceptical though and don't have the time at the moment to test for myself... Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem and I don't know how to fix it or solve this problem. I installed the t1 3gang and suddenly a random beep appeared. Anyone knows how to repair it?

My devices start with 10006 and 10007 and they give the same problems.

The issue is caused by a hardware fault in the design. You can lower the "ghost" long press by changing the capacitor on the switching sensor to a lower value which affects sensitivity.

That isnt for everyone though as it involves soldering.

Another solution is to change the firmware to Tasmota and use the setoption40 flag to disable long press actions, it will still beep but it wont lose wifi connectivity and it wont turn lights on randomly in the middle of the night!!

A full permanent solution involved changing the capacitor, flashing Tasmota and removing the buzzer from the board. I have done this and now everything works well *and* my wife doesnt freak out about lights turning on while we are sleeping.

2 people like this

That sounds interesting, is there more info on where the capacitor is located and value to change it to?

Capacitor is labelled C6 on the top board containing the ESP8285.

Original value is 22nf and changing to a 16nf ceramic capacitor seems to be the sweet spot.

You can go lower but then it can be difficult to register and actual press of the button.

1 person likes this
I am still having the same random, beeping / switches turning lights on, issue. It is driving me mad. I have 5 x T1 switches 1x 3C 1x 2C 3x 1C They all are on the latest firmware 3.3.0. So there is no firmware update that con fix this? We basically have to hack the switches ourselves? Can’t believe that they don’t recall the switches and send us a new version of the switch with all the issues fixed.
I have got the same issue. Beepeing and randomly switching light on the middle od the noght.

I took my T1's back to the supplier and I replaced them with T2's,  issue resolved.

I have the same problem in the last week: ghost switching, nightly beep and connection lost..

I have already read this thread but i really don't know how change the capacitor back the middle button.

There are no possibilities to ask a firmware fix that include the possibilities of:

- disable the long press for configuration mode;

- disable the rf mode;

It's really impossible?

If there is no sw/fw solution, i will change my smartswitch to other supplier.. 

@Cry D, I don't believe that Sonoff will develop another sw upgrade. The company launched a new model and version (T2) and If you look for a T1 on the market will have difficulty to find it. The T1 is out of stock. I am totally disappointed with sonoff because I planned to replace step by step the conventional switch to the T1 US model, but right now don't have this product for sale. Pitiful!

There is no problem to buy T1 on Aliexpress, but you never know what u will get.

Login or Signup to post a comment