Start a new topic

Add remote update capability

Can you folks please consider adding a feature in Nextion editor where we can save the display data to a binary file instead of uploading directly to HW?

And then provide a command-line program to upload that binary file to the display HW? If you can open-source the display programming format, I can write an open-source uploader program.

The reason for this is that I use Nextion in remote factory test stations. I would like to be able to update the display remotely. These displays are run on Linux systems with no GUI, not Windows.

Also, user-settable info would be great. For example, I would like to leave some information in non-volatile memory in the display where I can store the display programming version. When my program runs, I want to check the Nextion display programming if it is correct version. If it is old version, I would like my program to update the display programming.

Let me know if that makes sense or if you need clarification. It would be great if you guys can add features like this because it would really help automate system upgrades. Right now we have to manually connect the display to do updates and that is not possible remotely or in large numbers.

Thank you. -Vince

Login or Signup to post a comment