Start a new topic

I Can't understand sonoff 4ch pro r2 for dc motor

Hi, I am a beginner and I wanna control my open/close dc24v motors of greenhouses.

I found the diagram for dc wiring diagram

https://cdn.itead.cc/media/wysiwyg/Products/Sonoff_4CH_Pro_DC_motor.jpg

here, blue line comes from R1, R2...right?

so..which means...Should I turn on button both R1 and R2 on ewelink in order to swich on the 1 motor??  please reply me. Thanks and happy new year

1 person has this question

In iddle state both contacts of  first motor will be connected to (-). If you press R1 then this wire will be connected to (+) and the motor will turn to one side. If you press R2 then this wire also will be connected to (+) and the motor will stop. In this state if you press R1 this wire will be connected to (-) and the motor will turn to other side. And so on.

I have never really understood their goofy diagrams either.  Looks to me like you can control 4 devices with the 4 relays by simply switching the positive leads and tying all the negatives together.

24VDC (+) connected to common terminal of all relays.

(+) wire to each motor connected to N.O. terminal of each individual relay.

24VDC (-) connected to (-) terminal of all motors.

S6 = 1

K5 =  1111

K6 = doesn't matter

Am I wrong?  I don't own a 4ch Pro but it looks to me like the schema above would allow you to switch 4 lights, motors, whatever, independently.

Simple control 24 VDC devices.

@EW. They are two different things. One thing is to turn on lamps and other one is a DC motor that can turn to one side or the other one. Obviously you can connect 4 DC motors but they only will turn to one side only. In order for the motor can turn to both ways, it has to be connected as in the diagram that @Jaemin Roh posted. Regards.

@EW. One thing is to turn on lamps and other one is DC motor which can turn to one side or the other one. Obviously you can connect 4 DC motors but ther will turn to one side only. In order for the motor can turn to both ways, you must connect the motors as in diagram that  @Jaemin Roh posted. Regards.

I can see that on reversing the DC motors.  Sonoff's AC motor wiring also shows using two relays per motor and they don't reverse so I still think it a bit goofy.  Maybe they think it allows more current.

---

Anyway, if the person who asked this question doesn't need to reverse his DC motors, he can run 4 of them that pull less than 10A each.

Does anyone have a copy of the picture posted by the OP?

This one: https://cdn.itead.cc/media/wysiwyg/Products/Sonoff_4CH_Pro_DC_motor.jpg

I'm looking to control 4 motors (reversible) but I think I can link them in series to enable me to use the 4ch pro.

Thanks,

Jon

Login or Signup to post a comment