Start a new topic

No Alexa motion controller support?

I just bought a hub and motion sensor thinking I could use it to trigger action with Alexa routines (e.g. turn on my LIFX hallway bulb). Though either I'm blind or I simply cannot get this to to work. Alexa got a device group for motions sensors which shows no supported devices, so is there an update due or a way to get this to work?

Having read this back in August, I believe it's possible, though then again maybe it's a misunderstanding on my side?

https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/post/bda9d70c-2f0d-454d-9939-2eb82868cf35/announcing-contact-and-motion-sensor-apis-and-integration-into-alexa-routines-adding-new-home-automation-features-for-customers-and-new-opportunities-for-smart-home-developers

Sound to me that all that is required is for a "device" to be formally recognised as a motion controller for it be used with Alexa to trigger actions?

1 Comment

I have the same issue too, i have bought 3 sensor to use in alexa routines but it doesn't show there, any forecast to work this function? is there any workaround to this work?

Login or Signup to post a comment