Start a new topic

Sonoff getting disconnected from Wi-Fi

I am facing some issue with my Sonoff POW switch. Even though it's placed near to the router, it's keep getting disconnected from Wi-Fi and connectivity is not consistent. In the mobile app, it's showing enough signal strength. But always showing Network unavailable.

I raised a ticket but not response :-(

Please help me to solve this issue. Earlier i was using one normal Sonoff basic switch and it was working fine.

Regards,

Pradeep Jose

1 person has this problem

We all are having the same problem. I raised a ticket and they responded by saying they are working on it. The wait is on I guess...

Hi All ,

The Wi-Fi Signal receiver is very poor for Sonoff mini. Even the Wi-Fi signal strength is excellent , still this device go off the grid from the network and App shows bad Wi-Fi Signal.  

Hi Guys ,

Are you using any other Smart devices in the same Wi-Fi network. Have you tried the smart devices with different Wi-fi SSID. Let me explain -

You have your main Wi-fi  Router with SSID1 and all the devices like Laptop , TV , Mobiles and smart devices connected on same SSID and same Wi-Fi Router.

What you can try is - get one more Wi-Fi repeater and configure with different SSID Name and connect only your smart devices with the same. This will give you batter connectivity and will solve your intermittent disconnected issues.

1 person likes this

Actually I have 2 services and 2 Wifi SSID operating in the house. What I had to do was connect a couple of  more of those pocket size travel routers, TP-Link, Zyxel,  to add available SSID in the area. Unfortunately when I go into the specific device this SSID is not displayed nor is the local lan IP which makes it difficult to sort out any problem.  Keeping a track of all the MAC addresses, their ITEAD IDs, the names and / or location / controlled device details is a rather tedious and time consuming exercise. It gets even worse when suddenly it won't connect to the router which is within 1 foot of it or login to internet  to be controlled as required. 

Login or Signup to post a comment