Start a new topic

Troubleshooting ifan02 and remotes

Hello I have multiple ifan02 devices running perfectly through the ewelink app and they are great! One problem. All of the remotes I have none of them.connect or pair to the controllers. They all flash red led on top when a button is pressed but they never pair or control the unit. No beeps happen. Any ideas? Purchased direct from the itead website with latest firmware

You might need to re-pair each remote to a controller. It's not hard to do, just akward. Take the battery out and open each remote. You will have to hold the remote, with one hand hold the battery in place, press the silver button above it until it is a steady flash, then power cycle the fan you want to pair to the remote. Test the remote. If it works, put it back together and then do the same on the remaining fans.

1 person likes this

Hi,

How do I power cycle the ifan02? Could you explain 'power cycle'?

Power cycle means to cut power to the fan control box. Either by switch or breaker.
I'm having same problem, unable to connect remote controller, kindly help
I have exactly the same problem. Once the silver button on the top of the battery is pressed, the LED flashes up to 11 times. It does not matter if I keep it pressed constantly or I pulse it once, it does exactly the same. Then I turn the fan unit off and on, try the remote control and it does not work.

I am having problems linking the iFan02 to eWeLink.  I get to the point where the device starts beeping (3 beeps: 2 short and 1 long), then go to the eWeLink app to add it. But eWelink never sees it and times out. I've also tried the AP method without success - in fact, my iPhone doesn't even show the ITEAD SSID. It seems as if the device is not transmitting its SSID, or perhaps, not transmitting at all. Any suggestions to get it working?

P.S. This is the 2nd iFan02 device I'm installing. The connection to eWeLink with the first was a little iffy at first, but within a few tries it connected successfully. Not sure the 2nd one isn't cooperating.

Login or Signup to post a comment