Start a new topic

How to factory reset Sonoff touch?

I changed my router and kept my SSID and password same but Sonoff touch (3 gang ) is not connecting to the new WiFi . I am not able to enter quick pairing mode no matter how many times I try to press and hold the left most button. How can I factory reset this device, so that I can start a fresh.

7 people have this question

Did you make sure you're only using 2.4Ghz and not using 5Ghz?
I've not seen a 'factory reset' for Sonoff devices, as I didn't think they needed one.
Does it fall back to AP mode on the second try in ewelink and find the Touch's access point?
Same here. SSID name is the same with a new wifi router. Some devices work, some others not. It would be nice to be able to perform a factory reset so there is really no problem...

2 people like this
Ok, problem solved. Here is how: 1. change the password of your wifi. You might have to change it to your cellphone too 2. pair again the devices not working to the same SSID but with the different new password (likely you will have to use the AP method, not the quick one). 3. Make sure they work and then delete the devices from ewe app 4. Change back the password to the original in your router 5. Pair again the devices with the old password Silly, but it worked for me.
Yes, very Silly. I've also changed the router and start the issues, finally I've tried something similar, I only put a wrong password when add the device in AP compatible method, after I delete from eWlink app and add the device again but with right wifi password and now it's working again. Regards

i resume this post: is there a procedure for factory reset of a device?

3 people like this

Any update? I need factory reset too.

1 person likes this

Same Question ?

Is there a factory reset?

My switch blinks 4 times , than a short break and than again 4 times.

Factory reset is it a secret???!!!!

Hello, To date, I have not discovered any reset buttons in the Sonoffs, in my case what I usually do is erase the scenes, and the time settings related to the device, and delete it from the application. And I start a new connection to the Wifi. With this I have not had any problem in reusing the devices in other houses and different networks. I think that it does not do a deep reset, I have noticed that in the logs, records appear before the process described. I hope it helps you.
Login or Signup to post a comment