Start a new topic

Show MAC address in the App - MUCH NEEDED SIMPLE FEATURE

I have many Sonoff devices, mostly basic switches.  Once I name a device something I can no longer see the MAC address in the app.  I also have several routers and APs.  I would like to be able to give the devices a name in the router's database so I can identify which Sonoff is connected to what AP etc.  It would be VERY USEFUL and probably very easy to supply the MAC address under device information in the phone app.

---

I also have several devices that work with the Smart Life app and it does show the MAC of each device.  That has allowed me to name the devices in my router and monitor each one's status on my network.

So my request is to please improve the phone app by enabling it to show the MAC address of Sonoff devices.  At it stands it is impossible to tell one from another when looking at the network unless I am missing a trick that will let me connect my device named Barn Light SW with a MAC address.

4 people like this idea

You are welcome and yes, I had to force ewelink to update as well.

I have checked the MAC addresses from the ewelik on the router  (ARP table as well as in DHCP Server) and the MAC addresses are different.  Please, can some body check the MAC addresses in ewelink and in the router and place the result? Thanks.

1 person likes this

Yikes!  I can confirm what you are saying.  The MAC address reported in the app is not the wifi MAC.  It does NOT agree with the MAC address shown by a router.  It is essentially useless.

I am going to post it in the app forum.

1 person likes this

MAC address do not match those on my network.  Completely different.  What is going on???

1 person likes this
Sorry, but I follow not to serve Eweling Mac address. My smartphone, oneplus 3T is using Android 8.0 and Eweling firmware Is 2.60 Can't see inside the app Ewelink Mac address.

force your phone to update the eWelink app to version 3.5.6

go to play store and install new version on your phone.

I too am trying to figure out what device is what on my router tables, and I have narrowed down that my 4 Sonoff devices are the only unknown. The MAC address in the app and the MAC address in my router table are different. So I can't determine what is what. I have 3 of the 4 devices all similar in MAC address so I assume they are for my iFan02, and the 4th is for my DIY garage opener. Still, would be nice to know for sure what is what.

I have the newest app update to 3.5.6
What about the iOS users? When can they also read the MAC address? The LAN MAC address of course! Why does it take so long?

can we have a date for which this problem will be solved?

I have about thirty devices but I'm not able to make the reservation on the dhcp

Login or Signup to post a comment