Start a new topic

UK down (20.02.2018)

Hello, I dont know if the Sonoff team are aware of this but devices seem to be down in the UK @ time of posting. MOA.

15 people have this problem

The best way is a home server with oficial firmware. It's easy, everybody have an old laptop at home, have a dyndns, so they should free server software for us to download, the personal server login on itead server for fw updates. The app point to our dyndns and everybody is happy. Now my house is like a Cristmas tree... with chinese leds everywhere, some green some blue. Lol

2 people like this

Same here (in UK) whole house lights are down since this morning. Network and every thing is fine, it's Sonoff Server!

I am pretty disappointed about 2 months ago same issue lasted for 2 weeks now again... 

Sonoff need to understand people are relying on these devices and can't afford these server down issues. Also if they don't have foolproof servers then they have to allow the local server options!!!

2 people like this
Down in Portugal. Please add lan suport ou tel us how to make a home server using original firmware. Also a web browser dashboard is important. Feeling sad.

2 people like this

the best way is official firmware support for Openhab/Home Assistant .Its easy,not voiding any warranty and their sales will take off instantly!!!Maybe itead have some business plan in mind ,otherwise i cant explain their move to forbit firmare flashing..... 

1 person likes this
Switch activated itself now won't turn off, app still not connecting

1 person likes this

Finally... All 19x back online, Working fine (UK)

1 person likes this

I'm interested in the firmware change too, where I can get information?

1 person likes this

Thanks

1 person likes this

Same problem for me, down from last night. All wifi indicators flashing on and off.

Went to bed and was woken as usual with my wake up light on a timer.

Looked at the app and everything was up and running again. 

Then from 0825, the app tells me 'waiting - then operation failed' every time I try to operate a switch.

European time here.

1 person likes this
The problem with upgrading your firmware is that opening the devices breaks the little paper things that, I believe, say that doing so invalidates the warranty. That is what a Chinese friend of mine said he thought it meant. So you have choice: 1) deal with their system failing every month or two 2) invalidate your warranty They should just allow people to write their own firmwares OTA. Sure occasionally someone will completely brick their device & need to do it manually, but mostly it would work. With older itead firmwares it has been possible anyway. Hardware does occasionally break. A warranty is useful. My stuff has gradually come on line again. Google home link isn’t fully working yet.

1 person likes this

Network again unavailable.... it's ridiculous

1 person likes this
It seems to be up and running in London, although some of the switches came back up automatically after back end was restored, but in order to get the others I had to cut the power through the fuse box to force them to authenticate again, or you may want to just pull the main switch down to the whole house / flat. They came back up straight away. Try that guys after it’s believed in your area / country service is restored.

1 person likes this

On the Facebook page is something of a holiday.Maybe the server is also on vacation.Everything down in Thuringia since 10 o'clock.

1 person likes this

Now there is a hint "we are upgrading servers, please wait for one or two hours" in the ewelink-App...

1 person likes this
They are a big outfit so probably office staff and production are off but server and IT staff will be skeleton. The apk is saying server updates, usually they would warn us of this though. They need to open these devices up for local network control. This would also lighten the server usage. People will still use cloud when controlling from outside the home. I dont see the beef with this as they are just giving themselves a bad name by not opening this. A good hosting company will offer DDOS protection, some might at a cost. Either way this cant continue every so often. But when their is no downtime they are great equipment

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment