Start a new topic

UK down (20.02.2018)

Hello, I dont know if the Sonoff team are aware of this but devices seem to be down in the UK @ time of posting. MOA.

15 people have this problem

Not trustworthy, Sonoff Facebook page it says "Holiday Notice: our office will close during 11/02/2018 - 22/02/2018 for Chinese New Year Holiday. During the holiday, we will have technical staff on duty to ensure normal operation of the server and APP".

In reality this is not the case the support ticket is for technical help still says "that they are on (new year) holiday from 11 to 22 Feb".

The App on other hand says little message "Upgrading 1 or 2 hours" from the UK evening time.

Every provided information seems false...  

More than 12 hours past, don't understand where is the technical staff who the Sonoff company left behind to fix the emergency problems?

The lights on my devices have changed from alternating between double and single flashes to being constantly on. They are still uncontrollable in the app, but they now think they are connecting fine. I guess a change does at least suggest they are alive and doing something. Would be nice if they told us.
Switch activated itself now won't turn off, app still not connecting

1 person likes this
Slowly my devices are coming back online  I can deal with the odd bit of downtime, but it’s “unexpected downtime” that frustrates me. Like most other people, I would welcome an easy way to host locally so I’m not relying on a cloud-based service.

It seems, that the servers are online. 14 of 15  devices (basic, 4ch, 4chpro, S20, B1) are connected and working fine...

All work good right now in Greece. App ok Sonoff connect ok

Only one of two sonoff online again. The new one stills "offline" in the app....
Spain

Finally... All 19x back online, Working fine (UK)

1 person likes this

Till now, after 24h, in Italy, my sonoffs are offline: network unavailable ... I got tired of these unavailabilities. A soon as possible I'll change the firmware, and I'll use they with Openhab

I'm interested in the firmware change too, where I can get information?

1 person likes this

there are many firmwares. I tried TASMOTA, very very powerfull. You can find many info on line, and here: https://github.com/arendst/Sonoff-Tasmota/wiki/openHAB

Thanks

1 person likes this

Same problem for me, down from last night. All wifi indicators flashing on and off.

Went to bed and was woken as usual with my wake up light on a timer.

Looked at the app and everything was up and running again. 

Then from 0825, the app tells me 'waiting - then operation failed' every time I try to operate a switch.

European time here.

1 person likes this

Just to add, it really P*&^#S me off.

I have had great success with this produce for the last 3 week trial after receiving a few items. 

So I ordered more....a lot more....which all costs money!!

The reason I ordered more was because I finally figured out how to create a 3 way switch using glass wall switches. i.e. two or more wall switches controlling one light.

Hope I didn't waste my money!

Login or Signup to post a comment