Start a new topic

UK down (20.02.2018)

Hello, I dont know if the Sonoff team are aware of this but devices seem to be down in the UK @ time of posting. MOA.

15 people have this problem

Anybody knows how long is the hour in China?

1 person likes this

UK still down. In the app, if you logout and login you can see the 'upgrading servers' message. Given chinese new year can't see it being that. Server outage more like. Itead DOS attack on my house!! De-installed the app and re-installed, now won't let me even login. Sonoff devices refuse to pair anymore, connecting to wifi okay but they need to talk to the down servers. Will likely take them out back and pair them with my hammer!! Should've bought lightwaverf lol.

1 person likes this
It has been many hours since I first saw the ‘servers down for one to two hours’ thing. I think it just a standard error message the app gives when it can’t connect to the servers. Doubt it has anything todo with reality. Annoyingly, my stuff is single flashing, so I spent ages restarting devices. Other things connect fine with same credentials though. I’m a bit concerned the local control will only be Android anyway. Their FAQ seems to suggest that and the video they posted was on android. If so I might as well get on and re-flash them. It would be nice if they would say. I don’t know why it the European server again that has a problem.

As suggested server migration won't take over 9hrs. simply their server are down and I am doubtful that Sonoff technical team is working. Otherwise it would be long sorted. 

Don't understand why Sonoff keeps letting their customers down. They must need to come up with bulletproof plan otherwise its not worth as main smart home devices, now it feel like their devices only good for experiment or hobbies.

here in Greece my switches are down too.Double flashing and the app shows "servers upgrading" since this morming.They were working nicely for over a month.....

Here some devices are still connected to the sonoff-servers. If I switch them on or off using the button on the device their status in the app changes - sometimes at once, other times after many seconds. But using the app to switch on or off is not possible.

It seems if the servers are overloaded, not down. DDoS?

It is as I suggested last time; they need to make a decision. At present the hardware is solid and cheap, with easy home firmware flashing options; either they target general consumers or they target tinkerers. At present they seem to be trying to do both and failing at both. I personally think they should go full tinkerer and allow OTH home firmware upgrading so we don’t need to invalidate warranties to do so. The other option involves a faultless web access, which they obviously don’t have any interest in achieving.

1 person likes this

Since many hours, i can't get the list of devices too. I hope that some Chinese rice bag falls over and shakes the responsible awake.

Same in greece. Can't log in in app and sonoff is off.

The best way is a home server with oficial firmware. It's easy, everybody have an old laptop at home, have a dyndns, so they should free server software for us to download, the personal server login on itead server for fw updates. The app point to our dyndns and everybody is happy. Now my house is like a Cristmas tree... with chinese leds everywhere, some green some blue. Lol

2 people like this

the best way is official firmware support for Openhab/Home Assistant .Its easy,not voiding any warranty and their sales will take off instantly!!!Maybe itead have some business plan in mind ,otherwise i cant explain their move to forbit firmare flashing..... 

1 person likes this
I suspect there are security issues with allowing access to third party software and they may not have the memory to communicate with a variety of home automation systems. That is why I think they should allow people to select their own firmwares and take responsibility for their own security and selection of connections. But, at present you have to void the warranty, solder on 4 header pins and physically update the firmware. There is no reason they can’t allow easy OTA updating and reversal. Then we could all just leave their cloud behind.

This firmware is crap

Still down, no messages on my app.

We really need local control (via app).

With response to the support ticket pointing to holiday for Chinese Ney Year until 22nd Feb are we going to have no service for days?!?

:( 

Login or Signup to post a comment