hi, same problem here, it recognizes only the alarm as trigger that reduces the trigger options to 4 not 16... is it a bug? im using iOS.
This problem still seems to exist, after all the recent updates.
I want my RF Bridge to do two things. The first one is quite basic:
1. When I press button in RF remote, turn ON all the outdoor lights. When I press the button again (or another button, if it's really necessary) in RF remote, turn OFF all the outdoor lights.
This can now be achieved via ALARMs and scenes. This is inconvenient, since that takes two buttons from my remote to control to control one ligth switch (one should be enough) and it also reserves two out of four RF remotes that can be paired to the bridge. So it basically reserves half of all the resources to do such a simple task.
My second need is more complex:
I have two RF PIR sensors. I want the motion detection to turn ON outdoor lights, if it's dark, and I also want the ligths to turn OFF after some time. Now I could use the other two alarm positions in the bridge and connect my PIR sensors to those, and set up scheme to turn on lights when PIR senses movement. But I believe that I cannot make the lights turn off after a period of time, can I ? And again, this reserves half of my RF bridge, which is a waste.
1. Make it possible to use 4-button remote individual buttons as conditions in schemes, not just alarms.
2. Make it possible to use "flip-flop" schemes (first press turns on, second press turns off etc.)
3. Make it possible to start a countdown timer by a scheme condition
4. Make it possible to combine conditions (AND/OR) so that for example lights turn on when both conditions are met: button pressed and light sensor shows that it's dark.
At the moment, the so-called "smart scene" is not very smart, is it? only "IF"... without AND, OR, NOT, ELSE...
I also solved the "sunset" problem for now using IFTTT (not the part regarding motion detection,just turn on lights on sunset via IFTTT, turn off at fixed time by eWeLink), But it does not solve all my problems. Actually, I was surprised to see how stupid IFTTT is, it also lacks all the logic operators. I still think that we actually need an open API or built-in script language to really utilize the devices potential.
Sometimes I wonder, if any of the staff read these conversations? I haven't seen them comment on these issues.
it is fairly evident that they dont - time to move to another a manufacturer. there are so many out there. Pity i just bought so many devices from them. I literally have to buy 5 more bridges and repeat all the scenes for all the removes...NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.