Start a new topic

Turn off pir in bridge

Hi! I just installed my new RF Bridge and added the pir sensor. It works well but I don’t know how to turn off PIR alarm when I’m at home! Is it possible? Thks!

4 people have this question

A button on the side or disconnecting the batteries doesn’t make any sense. Would you ever buy an alarm system where you’d have to do it? Besides PIR2 is supposed to be somewhere close to the ceiling. What if people have many rooms where multiple PIR2 installed? Every time you enter or leave home are you supposed to mess with a dozen of physical PIR2 devices under the ceiling?
Follow the link below to see more about it disabling PIR2 alerts is a bad solution wasting the most of the battery energy while PIR2 works overtime detecting and sending RF signals while users are at home generating 99% of those alerts! Better to put PIR2 into a standby or sleep mode when detection is not needed. = = = https://support.itead.cc/support/discussions/topics/11000029860/page/last#post-11000115696
I can use a sonoff basic when need all alarm system off (bridge turned off with that basic). The problem is how can I do for example if I want to leave on garden alarms to protect outside area when I'm home (partial alarm system on). Any help?

to Mario Bianchi

this wrong because if turn off the bringe then disarming the rest basic from bridge,

i think only a button in side of sensor

Hi, just power the RF Bridges out of another Sonoff device. For example a Basic, S26 or S20. This way you can turn the RF BRidge on and of, activating or disarming the alarm  from that 2nd device.

Good luck !

or o button in side on/of

i beleieve only to stop the pir [out of the battery]

Has anyone got answers on this? Can one arm/disarm PIR's so that they dont send you notifications when you home

Yes I have the same question...

Login or Signup to post a comment