Start a new topic

full IFTTT integration for the Bridge

Right now, I can connect the bridge to the Ewelink app, and I can connect my Ewelink account to IFTTT but the only options that show up are plugs and switches.

I'd love to be able to send an email that "pushes" a button my 4-button remote, or hourly check to see if someone left the garage door open, and send me an email if it is.

41 people like this idea

Easiest way is to put pressure on them is to not buy the products that aren't supported on ifttt.

Without IFTTT this device is pointless as an alarm system component, where is the siren product, exactly there isn't one, to activate a 3rd party siren you need IFTTT because the siren is going to be using Tuya.

3rd party bridge is required that supports IFTTT in order to get 433 devices to activate an alarm, you can still buy the RF 433 sensor devices from Sonoff but all the smart home automation products have to be bought from someone else to get a working alarm system.

Which then makes you question if RF 433 is the right protocol for the sensors.

Better alarm products are on the market for the same price, ITEAD have basically withdrawn from the security section of the market by not having a solution in this area

To activate a siren you could use a sonoff basic

I got the Sonoff bridge to activate a Sonoff switch (or/and a lamp holder) through a scene and then timed the switch off again through the inching function.

So the system does more or less what I wanted it to do, without using IFTTT.

The problem is that when you activate 'inching' you lose the power-on state setting... actually you don't on the App but it has no effect in reality, as Power-on state becomes OFF all the time.

I complained about this but, as always, the reply from Sonoff was like "Oh yes, you are right" and that was that.

They obviously don't care about customer support and I think that's part of the deal: they sell cheap stuff and you get what you pay for.

BTW also the hardware quality is 'edgy' to say the least.

I bought dozens of their devices and

- 3 out of 5 of the S20 plugs lasted less than a year (after a while the plug depowers, you connect/reconnect... seems to work for a while and then depowers again, it does that more and more until it becomes useless)

- 1 out of 2 lamp holder just pops ON all of a sudden (say twice a day) for no reason. I tried to debug it and I think it only does that when the holder is facing down but that's the way I need to use it... tough!

- 2 out of 6 switches lose memory of the wifi network and need to be deleted/reconfigured every so often

- 2 out of 2 RH/Temp combined thermostat probe works for a while  and then starts click/unclick the thermostat (even when you leave 2deg histeresis in the app), so that if you connect this to power/depower anything you'll run the risk of burning out any electrical motor. I had to replace with the 'Temp only' probe which does not provoke the same oscillation of On/Off.

On top of that the ewelink software is rather limited as you can't time the scenes the way I would like to.

The thing is... I stopped complaining about it: they are significantly cheaper than any other similar device on the market so I accept the low quality as part of the deal.

Login or Signup to post a comment