Start a new topic

Sonoff POW firmware has NO power on state

I have a few Sonoff basic and just bought a new Sonof POW. There is no power on state select for Sonoff POW as there is for Sonoff basic. I want to make sure that my Sonoff POW is always on when it is powered again after a power cut. Any idea what should I do?

13 people like this idea

Yess indeed!!!... super urgent!!!.. bring back firmware 2.0.4!!!...
It's fine to have an Power On Indicator LED to get an always on state.
But...
My Suggestion is to configure if the power-switch in the app is disabled (or eliminated) in the main-screen of the app, so you can't accidently switch off a device (fridge, computer, ...) you only want to monitor the power consumtion whith the POW/POW R2.
When I'm reading the problems with the melting case in consequence of a (to) high current the on/off button on the detail screen should stay as an Emergency switch.

What do you think of my suggestion to disable the power-switch?

Minh Nguyen: there is this functionality - look in the device setting menu. Check you have firmware 2.0.4

How does a link to the firmware help you? How do you manually flash the firmware? As far as I know this can only be done by the Sonoff device itself.
This is a critical issue. Waiting for new updates!
Uuueeeeyyy!!!...hey Bert, you're so updated bro!... congrats to you, to me, and to eveybody!... enjoy!!!... and thanks to ITEAD support for make it happen!
Thanks Bert, because of your info I've updated!... bye 2.0.2... yeeehaaww!
the firmware 2.0.4 has been closed
I need POW to keep power state. Please advice.
Iman how to contact them ? Can you give me e-mail ?

Hello sir, I am facing some problem in device power R2 modle. there is no option for power on state feature and loop timer. When my mains power fail than pow r2 gone ofline and when mains supply come than after my device show off line. So plz. Resolve this issue as soon as possible.
What does it mean "the firmware 2.0.4 has been closed"?
My firmware version is 2.0.2 but there is no button to update to version 2.0.4.
Can I update it manually? How to do that ?

Firmware 2.7.0   eWeLink 3.5.4

This is the snapshot of Ewelink App.

There is no "cloud button" to update to newer version (2.0.4).

I have been reinstalled the application, remove device then add device again, change the smartphone, but it seems that firmware version 2.0.2 is the latest version.

Is there any way to update to newest version?

Login or Signup to post a comment