Start a new topic

Sonoff POW firmware has NO power on state

I have a few Sonoff basic and just bought a new Sonof POW. There is no power on state select for Sonoff POW as there is for Sonoff basic. I want to make sure that my Sonoff POW is always on when it is powered again after a power cut. Any idea what should I do?

13 people like this idea

I need update to 2.0.4. I need auto power ON urgent!

2 people like this
Yess indeed!!!... super urgent!!!.. bring back firmware 2.0.4!!!...
Hi, you must contact itead support directly to get link for 2.0.4 update.

1 person likes this
How does a link to the firmware help you? How do you manually flash the firmware? As far as I know this can only be done by the Sonoff device itself.
So after you contact support through email, they will give update through Ewelink application. but the update only exist for specific time period. You just need to tap the update button in the application to flash the firmware. You just tell the support guy that you need the 2.0.4 update for "power on state" feature.

1 person likes this
Iman how to contact them ? Can you give me e-mail ?

iman, there is no update button. The device checks for updates itself and no manual update is possible...

Borislav, you can contact them through "Submit a ticket" menu in support.itead.com, you must sign up before it.
Bert, that is true, the update button will appear in Ewelink application if there is a new update on their server. You can ask Itead support to publish the 2.0.4 update so that it will appear in the application. I did the same and they gave/re-published the 2.0.4 update. It seems that the 2.0.4 update is closed for sometimes before the new update release.

I got the following reply:

hello,
thanks for your message!
the upgrade function is temporarily closed at this moment.
we are sorry for the inconvenience,it will be opened later.
regards

What do you think? Is there maybe a 2.0.5 coming soon(ish)?

Hufff...do you believe in itead "later" ?... hopely it not a just promise.
There is nothing else we can do at the moment, can we?

Bert, I had the same answer from itead support, they also told me to submit the request on ewelink feedback. Please try submit request as they said. Also they gave me email: ouyang@coolkit.cn, please contact him. He will ask your ewelink account and then put the update button manually. After that the update button (cloud button) will appear on Ewelink application.

I email them via feedback on app and they answer me this : Dear eWeLink user, Thank you for contacting me and I just consulted with my database engineer,the firmware upgrade is uploaded by firmware end ,which mean is sent by the manufacturer .So some batches of POW version is 2.0.4 and some of them are 2.0.2. It Sonoff end send the upload request to our database team ,the APP will show upgrade request in your APP.However,we have not received another upgrade yet,so still awaiting manufacturer ,does not have any schedule. No sollution yet. But once again what can we do?......

1 person likes this
I got the same copy and paste answer from them:

Dear eWeLink user,
Thank you for contacting me and I just consulted with my database engineer,the firmware upgrade is uploaded by firmware end ,which mean is sent by the manufacturer .So some batches of POW version is 2.0.4 and some of them are 2.0.2.
It Sonoff end send the upload request to our database team ,the APP will show upgrade request in your APP.However,we have not received another upgrade yet,so still awaiting manufacturer ,does not have any schedule.

2 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment