Start a new topic

Will Sonoff Support Smartthings hub?

Hi! I am very much into home tech and smart home automation, and I want to integrate all products and solutions into a single hub, so I don't have to be using so many apps and they just simply communicate into each other.

For this reason, I use a SmartThings hub. But Sonoff does not play nice with Smarthings (could it be I am doing something wrong?). I am wondering that now that they support some Sonoff devices though IFTTT, if I am able to use them like via IFTTT through the SmartThings hub...

My question is: will Sonoff support the SmartThings hub?

10 people like this idea

Hi,

I have the same request. I also have the Smarthings hub and it works nicely with my Z-wave equipment. I recently bought some Sonoffs and they work perfectly. But, they do not connect to the Smarthings hub which makes house control a bit more "clumsy". 

I understand some folks are "hacking" the Sonoffs and downloading other software (Tasmota). Then connection to Smarthings looks to work. I would really prefer not to do this.

Please?

Hi guys. Can anyone help with info. I'm needing to control 5 on/off functions ,1 timed outside lamp and 1 momentary signal output for garage door control. So 7 outputs needed. My question is, can I link 2 X Sonoff 4 Channel Pros together? And if so, can the outputs be controlled via the ewelink? Or is there a 6 or 8 channel switch available anywhere. Thx in advance.
Hi. I also would like smartthings intergration. Please update when possible
Hi, now that zigbee devices ares supported natively on SmartThings for about 6 months it will be great that you expand support for all the WiFi line like TX switches I been using them with IFTTT but is not 100% reliable I like your products but only have a few because is so complicated to integrate them with SmartThings.

Dear everyone,

Does anyone know which devices could be linked to SmartThings hub (Samsung) and how? SonOff products are really nice, but I would like to use only one hub and one app to convert my house in Smart-house.

Please, share the information that you want.

Thanks a lot.

Right now to my knowledge only the BASICZBR3 has native support on SmartThings. You can integrate other WiFi devices using a virtual device and IFTTT you ca find instructions on the SmartThings forums on how to create them, however in my experience is not 100% reliable.

Thanks Paris Valdiviezo,

Maybe you speak Spanish? What does IFTTT (virtual device)?

Could you share with me the website of SmartThings forum?

Thanks

Buendía Jesús Si hablo español tienes dos opciones 1) Cambiar el firmware de los switch sonoff por tasmota y así los controlarás localmente hay muchos videos en internet de cómo hacerlo. Si sigues este camino ya no funcionarán en eWeLink. 2) Integrarlos con IFTTT y un device virtual en SmartThings, seguirán funcionando con eWeLink pero también los podrás controlar con SmartThings. Yo seguí el segundo camino pues quería seguir recibiendo los updates de firmware de ITEAD las instrucciónes de la segunda opción están en el siguiente link https://community.smartthings.com/t/ewelink-and-smartthings-direct-cloud-intergration/118558 Suerte
Buendía Jesús Si hablo español tienes dos opciones 1) Cambiar el firmware de los switch sonoff por tasmota y así los controlarás localmente hay muchos videos en internet de cómo hacerlo. Si sigues este camino ya no funcionarán en eWeLink. 2) Integrarlos con IFTTT y un device virtual en SmartThings, seguirán funcionando con eWeLink pero también los podrás controlar con SmartThings. Yo seguí el segundo camino pues quería seguir recibiendo los updates de firmware de ITEAD las instrucciónes de la segunda opción están en el siguiente link https://community.smartthings.com/t/ewelink-and-smartthings-direct-cloud-intergration/118558 Suerte
Mil gracias, Me pongo a ello Ssludos
Login or Signup to post a comment