Start a new topic

IFTTT integration

What a pleasant surprise to find that Google Home integration is now working with Sonoff devices. After linking eWeLink with Google Home, I can now perform these functions:

- turn on/off lights, coffee, tv/stereo, etc just by simple voice commands

- with Google Home's room function, I can say turn off Kitchen and the whole kitchen shuts down - lights, coffee, and other cookers obey in one command.

So the next step in home automation will be integration with IFTTT. With this, a whole new range of wondrous capabilities can happen:

- turn on/off lights, tv/stereo, heater/AC, etc. automatically when you go/leave home

- log device activities in Google spreadsheets for later analysis

- turn on heaters at home or in green room, etc. when weather reports say it's getting cold

- many-many more

Please Itead make this happen and your devices will be in greater use and demand.

47 people like this idea

Strange, my IFTTT commands still work with the webhooks triggers I have set up.

My IFTTT applets that use eWeLink are now checking OK, so integration must be back up and running.

Anyone else having issues adding new units. Took delivery of 4 new sonoff sockets today, have paired them all correctly but they just wont go online. All my other sonoff 10 switches are functioning correctly and thankfully IFTTT service seems to have been restored but new devices are no going online.Anyone else having issues?

Would like to see the RF bridge gets integrated to the IFTTT implementation.

2 people like this

b2 (it is in the list of supported modules!) and RF bridge can not see in IFTTT. 

It would be interesting if it could be implemented.

Regards.

1 person likes this
As well as the RF bridge being implemented it would also be nice if the temperature/humidity part of the TH10/16 was too. The on/off part is already. Ditto power from the POW

2 people like this

Another request to have support for RF Bridge in IFTTT.  Both as a trigger from alarms, and also as an action.

1 person likes this

SC integration with IFTTT please, that would be very powerful

What is SC?

SC is a sort of sensor hub, a great little play thing see here https://sonoff.itead.cc/en/products/residential/sonoff-sc

Ok, I had an idea that I thought would be a good workaround for the fact that there is no bridge integration with ifttt. I can use a spare single sonoff switch (powered but not attached to an appliance) and a scene in the ewlink app to trigger the device linked to the bridge as follows.

e.g.

ifttt applet turns on spare sonoff switch (triggered by whatever, time, weather, location etc) - scene is activated in ewelink to trigger rf remote synced with the bridge.

but, it doesn't work!

It does manually by turning on the sonoff switch on with the ewelink app to trigger the scene. 

It works with an alexa command to turn on the sonoff switch to trigger the scene.

But turning it on with an ifttt applet doesnt trigger the scene.

Any ideas anyone?

1 person likes this

Ultimately I am taking it further.

I want to use stringify, ifttt, and ewelink to do the following.

(stringify - At a specified time, if it rains, sunset or sunrise, location, or whatever)

-

(ifttt - run applet to turn on a spare sonoff switch)

(ewelink - run a scene to press up on a roller shutter connected to bridge)

(stringify - starts timer for 5 seconds which is the time it takes for the shutter to open 1/4 of the way

(ifttt - runs applet to turn off spare sonoff switch)

(ewelink - runs scene to press stop on the shutter remote through bridge) 

It is all set up and everything works perfectly, except the scene does not trigger when the sonoff switch activates via ifttt!!!!! very frustrating because it works perfectly with alexa control.

1 person likes this

Sorry for the three seperate comments, but I need to clarify.

What I mean by it works with alexa, is that a scene will activate with alexa, but not by ifttt command.

1 person likes this

I think the problem may be that I don't think the RF bridge is IFTTT compliant yet.

"the bridge is not compliant yet", that is the entire point of the work around.

Use a spare switch, that is IFTTT compliant (powered up but not connected to an appliance), to control another sonoff switch or device that is not yet IFTTT compliant by way of ewelink scene.

The problem is that although the IFTTT applet turns on the isolated switch, which is turned on the in the ewelink app, ewelink then does not run the scene

Login or Signup to post a comment