Start a new topic

IFTTT integration

What a pleasant surprise to find that Google Home integration is now working with Sonoff devices. After linking eWeLink with Google Home, I can now perform these functions:

- turn on/off lights, coffee, tv/stereo, etc just by simple voice commands

- with Google Home's room function, I can say turn off Kitchen and the whole kitchen shuts down - lights, coffee, and other cookers obey in one command.

So the next step in home automation will be integration with IFTTT. With this, a whole new range of wondrous capabilities can happen:

- turn on/off lights, tv/stereo, heater/AC, etc. automatically when you go/leave home

- log device activities in Google spreadsheets for later analysis

- turn on heaters at home or in green room, etc. when weather reports say it's getting cold

- many-many more

Please Itead make this happen and your devices will be in greater use and demand.

47 people like this idea

I got it!! Thanks for the helps Brian. I didn't realize I hadn't done the firmware update. This is GREAT!
I have the Sonoff led lamp amd and I cant find integration on Ifttt for it only the switch I bought works, rendering the led bulb useless when I want it to speak to stringify and smart things motion sensors. I'm using a normal lamp to connect to the smart plug, but the smart led bulb needs to be able to integrate with ifttt so I can run applets directly for the led bulb. Please make it available, otherwise I will have to dish out a ton for other smart bulbs (read Hue). Also there is no option for the led bulb to change color using Alexa, but thats one for another thread. Thanks
Hi guys, I'm having a nightmare with my sonoff th10 and ANY IFTTT app. None of the apps work at all, but I can operate the sonoff with the ewelink app from anywhere. I can see my sonoff in the IFTTT apps, so it's seeing it, but just does nothing. The log says its triggered sometimes but it's not in reality The fiirnware version is 2.0.4 and I'm not sure if I need to upgrade as I can't find where to find out or how to do the upgrade. When I hit the Check now button in any app, it just says checked. I really hope someone can help, cheers

@Lodgemoorlad. You have the latest firmware for the TH10 (2.0.4) so it's not a firmware issue. I have 2 TH10s controlling my heating system via IFTTT so this is achievable. Sorry there is not enough info for me to comment further.

Hi Brian, Thanks. For the reply , well it's good to know that it should work, if you've sorted it, it's doable. I'll keep pressing on, but you've given me hope, thanks again A
Just a thought. Brian what are, or how are you using it. Are you calling your sonoff, a switch or socket? Sorry I'm just desperate I want to set mine so the sonoff is activated when I get near home so I'm hoping you might have the same, here's hoping and thanks again

I live in a large house with heating working on two independent zones upstairs and downstairs. I have TH10s with temperature probe on each level. It is impractical to run cables from the TH10s so as the temperature goes above/ below the threshold temperature set on the TH10 (set to 18 degrees upper and lower) an IFTTT trigger is sent to the appropriate zone valve controlled by single channel sonoff switches to open/close and in addition, on the living level, IFTTT messages are sent to the fan assisted radiators to turn on/ off the fans, again using IFTTT. I am about to change the zone valve control to a single  4 channel unit  controlling the heating and additionally the hot water. I have never tried the proximity trigger via IFTT, i assume you are using GPS settings via your phone? 

Just a thought. sounds like you may be using the TH10 to turn on heating as you get close to your home? The auto settings will, override any IFTTT message if the conditions are not in range for the activation condition for example if you have your temp settings at at say 17 low, 19 high then if the temp is 18 any activation request will be ignored

Hi Brian, neat set up I have to say... Very good, good luck with your network expansion Yes mine is very very simple compared to yours , Yes it's GPS on my phone that is set up to trigger the ewelink. It should work, the ifttt isn't talking to the ewelink and/or visa versa , such a pain, but it has to be doable, it's just a matter of time. But thanks for your reply because that proves it's doable . Really appreciate your time, thanks again

Please don't be offended by this but you have linked your IFTTT account to your Ewelink account correctly? You can add more than one IFTTT trigger to the same event. Maybe set another rule to send an email when in GPS range; it's a handy way of confirming the rule is triggering correctly. At least that would confirm that the GPS event is triggering and the problem lies specifically to the sonoff device(s)

Hi Brian, I'm really sorry I should have put more detail there. It's to turn on garden, garage and drive lighting when I arrive home at night See a lot simpler than yours but I shall note what you say because if this works, I'll deffo use the technology for other ideas I have, if.I get this sorted..
What a darn good idea... Yes I can see where you're coming from and I will try that first thing in the morning Brian.. I appreciate the idea, and at least it's going to prove the integrity of the link, thanks a lot for that , might be happy days coming up!

Hi!

IFTTT integration works fine, but I can't make several one channel devices work simultaneously. Something like: "ok google, switch off the living room" --> IFTTT sends a request in order to shutdown four one-channel devices.

Have any idea?

I've successfully turned on and off 3 individual sonoff switches with a webhooks maker event. Create the same THIS trigger 3 times (same event name) and configure your THAN with the different sonoff devices you want to control.

@monseurbug, I suggest you using stringify for this
Login or Signup to post a comment