What a pleasant surprise to find that Google Home integration is now working with Sonoff devices. After linking eWeLink with Google Home, I can now perform these functions:
- turn on/off lights, coffee, tv/stereo, etc just by simple voice commands
- with Google Home's room function, I can say turn off Kitchen and the whole kitchen shuts down - lights, coffee, and other cookers obey in one command.
So the next step in home automation will be integration with IFTTT. With this, a whole new range of wondrous capabilities can happen:
- turn on/off lights, tv/stereo, heater/AC, etc. automatically when you go/leave home
- log device activities in Google spreadsheets for later analysis
- turn on heaters at home or in green room, etc. when weather reports say it's getting cold
- many-many more
Please Itead make this happen and your devices will be in greater use and demand.
It doesn't work with RFBridge, i'd like to use ifttt with RFBridge.
Now that has me thinking. With the sonoff touch now IFTTT enabled, could this be the way around the lack of two pole device? Could we simply use IFTTT on each each switch to say if one switch is on then turn on the other switch and vice versa effectively removing the need for the second wire of the pair?
I just want it working properly :(
I wish the IFTTT integration was just *that* much more functional, rather than pure on / off.
How about a timer function? If x then y on for z minutes
I cannot get my single channel to work with IFTTT. I can see my Sonoff's device name listed (MyDevice....) in IFTTT once I logged in to eWeLink but when trying to turn on or off, the switch does not respond.
Has anyone else had this problem?
@Mark. What exactly are you doing. What is then IF condition/ device and what is the Then condition/device.
I have one Sonoff TH controlling 3 Sonoff singles via IFTTT without any problems.
@Mark I am using the same single channel switches and they work perfectly so I am a bit confused. I assume the latest firmware is installed (mine are running 1.6.0). If you are seeing the devices then they must be linked. Do you get any message when you click "Check Now" from the IFTTT applet screen?
Have you tried a different IF trigger condition to see if the problem lies with the iF or the THEN?