Start a new topic

Sonoff RF bridge doesn't learn remote buttons, always times out

I'm trying to get the Sonoff Bridge to learn remote codes from this remote APA3-1500R. This remote is operating at 433.92MHz

The bridge goes into learning mode, I hear a beep and the red led is flashing. However, I try many times to learn different buttons, but it always fails after one minute with a timeout error.

This way the bridge is useless to me. I'm following the instructions closely. Is there a way to fix this? Can you release a firmware update?

Thanks,

Johan

54 people have this problem

The receiving supports fixed code 433 frequency, like PT2260, PT2262, PT2264, EV1527, etc.

3 people like this

I have the same problem as Johan with my Rf bridge. Does anyone have any solutions for this? What should I do to get the app to learn the remotes?

3 people like this

I hope it works for you Kallum,

You clear the small remote by pushing the two big buttons at the same time ontil it flashes rapidly. Then it is ready for programming. Place it as close as possible to the remote you want to copy. Then push the button you want to copy and at the same time push one of the 4 buttons on the small remote until it flashes rapidly. Then this button is programmed.

Even if you have cleared the small remote, you can always recall the last programmed keys by pressing the two small buttons at the same time for a few seconds. - Good luck!

2 people like this

Just responding to:

Kallum Burgin
said 3 months ago

I eventually got the £2 rf remote from China. I got impatient and bought a £5 from amazon before. They're nearly identical. Neither can learn the buttons to control my fireplace :( I guess it's not just the rf bridge at fault. It's a Mertik Maxitrol G6R-H4T5-GA if anyone finds a solution.

According to this (http://sparkfires.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Slim-26-46-Maxitrol-GV60-Installation-and-Operating-Instructions.pdf) that remote looks pretty much exactly the same as the one I have for my "Heat and Glo" fireplace (although mine is white rather than black). It is also apparently 433.92 MHz for Europe and 315 MHz for U.S. As you're quoting pounds I assume you have the european model running at 433.92 - same as mine in Australia.

Anyhow, I tried to record the remote using the sonoff bridge but eventually gave up. I instead got a Broadlink RM Pro and it works fine. My Broadlink only knows 433, and I have another 315 remote I'd like to be able to control so I'm trying to hunt down the version that does both.

Again, I am not knocking the Sonoff bridge - it looks to be well built, the thing to be aware of is that the main purpose for it is to control Sonoff devices. My mistake was to simply assume it would be able to control *any* 433mhz device, but it has not been coded to do that. I suspect that someone may be able to create new firmware to enable it to learn a wider range of controls, but until that happens mine is in a drawer.

2 people like this
Same problem here. And the support was not able to help

2 people like this

Rf bridge not pairing

RF bridge not pairing I got pairing problem. RF bridge is on learning mode with red led blinking, then I am pressing button 1 on my remote control and nothing happen. After a minute I got message saying: "request timeout". All set-up has been done correctly with my router, communication is OK between phone and RF Bridge. I tested all possibilities by pressing remote button for long time, several times long time... but it is still not pairing. I am using other Sonoff devices and I am used to set those. But RF bridge can not pair with my remote control. This is a 4 buttons NICE FLO 4 with fixed code. Reference of the chip inside the remote control is XM19AF COPC 912 DRA NICE 001B. This will perhaps help you to confirm me if protocol is compatible with your RF bridge. I also tested with other remote controls with fixed code but still not pairing. I am frustrated as this small RF bridge was very promising. Hope you will be able to help me.

2 people like this

Johan you should see what kind of codification the remote has not just the freq

2 people like this

I have the same problem.  I try with 4 diferents remotes controlsm

2 people like this

I had the same problem! - Could not copy my different 433 Mhz remotes to Sonoff RF Bridge. It just timed out. The trick is to program a 4 button remote (see pict) with the remotes, which is not accepted by the Sonoff Bridge. After that, you use the 4 button remote to program the Sonoff Bridge, which now accepts the codes.

link to remote: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/433Mhz-Universal-Wireless-Remote-Control-Copy-code-433-Mhz-Transmitter-for-Gate-Garage-Electric-Cloning-Door/32831006692.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.2.viJGUL&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5_10152_10151_10065_10068_10344_10342_10546_10343_10325_10340_10548_10341_10084_10083_10304_10307_10059_10314_10534_100031_10604_10103_10142,searchweb201603_25,ppcSwitch_5&algo_expid=9ee5f9c0-7f2b-4216-95e5-2a4cd022e8ef-0&algo_pvid=9ee5f9c0-7f2b-4216-95e5-2a4cd022e8ef&priceBeautifyAB=0

Clear this by pushing the two square button at the same time.

1 person likes this
So the 4 button remote can learn codes that the bridge cannot? And then the bridge can learn from the remote? Seems unlikely to work, but worth a shot for $2.

1 person likes this

Plan B  :)

Well you can add unsupported 433mhz button controllers as alarms which means you can use a scene to trigger turning on or off a number of devices.

it seems that pairing an alarm is not as conditional as adding a 1-4 button controller,  btw ive added buttons off 8x button controllers OK 

you cannot toggle however so you need to assign 2 buttons to turning on and off devices.

and each button takes up 1 whole device slot meaning you can only use 4 buttons per bridge. 

and you cannot trigger a button press as the execution of a scene

1 person likes this

Yes, the 4 button remote can learn codes that the bridge cannot. And yes, the bridge can learn from the 4 button remote.

The 4 button remote is specified to read many different protocols and maybe the output contains "Lighting4" protocol, which might be backward compatible with older protocols! - This is pure quessing.

The EWeLink app. has 4 button for programming. After succesfully programming these I used the "Curtain" function ("right", "pause" and "left") to program 3 further buttons, which gave me 7 buttons in total and they all works fine. I have not tested the "Alarm" function yet.

1 person likes this

Found som specs on which codes (PT2262 PT2264 PT2260) Sonoff Bridge supports. Take a look at the picture.

The same codes are supported on the 4 button remote earlier mentioned. See link in earlier post.

1 person likes this
Thank you FIl, but unfortunately, I couldn't make it work even in alarm mode :-/ I'm not considering either tellstick net or broadlink RM2 PRO to control my chacon (homeeasy protocol) devices.

1 person likes this

So I think that the issue here is the device is designed to learn the RF codes used on sonoff kit. If it also can learn some of your other non-sonoff remotes then great, but you need to be lucky. Maybe the firmware can be updated in the future to support a wider range of 433 devices, but for now I'll have to find a Plan B. Ah well.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment