Start a new topic

Sonoff RF bridge doesn't learn remote buttons, always times out

I'm trying to get the Sonoff Bridge to learn remote codes from this remote APA3-1500R. This remote is operating at 433.92MHz

The bridge goes into learning mode, I hear a beep and the red led is flashing. However, I try many times to learn different buttons, but it always fails after one minute with a timeout error.

This way the bridge is useless to me. I'm following the instructions closely. Is there a way to fix this? Can you release a firmware update?

Thanks,

Johan

47 people have this problem

I have the same problem. I am in UK and assumed it would work for Liftmaster roller garage doors.  No good.

The LIftmaster doors are pretty smart in that they can learn the code of a new remote - pity I can't get the thing to generate its own code and get the door to learn it.

I am trying Leif Funder's clever solution - I have ordered a cloning remote - I will let you know if it works.

Teste com tudo que é tipo de controle 433mhz, nenhum cadastrou. Controle Garen de portao de correr; controle de portao com fechadura eletrica; controle de portao de rolo; controle de persiana automatizada, nada funciona. Acho que só funciona com controles da própria Sonoff.

Received my rf device and it times out no matter what 433 remote I try. I updated the firmware, but the issue remains. No pairing. I have tried Telldus compliant remotes and my garage remote. The big question! Has anyone been able to pair any remote to the Sonoff RF?

Naming in alexa. I used a sonoff bridge. I used a 3 gang switch and can control and and off the light using the ewelink app no problem with that. in the ewelink i used the 3-button control and its working. when i discover the device with alexa yes it was listed. I can turn on now the light on,and its working, problem is when i say alexa turn off garage light it doesnt work. sometimes it says, the server doesn't recognize that. Please help. this may have something to do with naming. The sonoff bridge is not listed by the way in the alexa ,  in the hub category.  Its is however recognized on the others category. Thanks for the help in advance.

I've tried the same, and bought this item: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DC12V-24V-Positive-Inversion-Controller-Remote-Control-for-Forward-Reverse-Rotation-of-DC-Motor-Linear-Actuator/32218737853.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.54c62e0eR1KO2D

It works without any problem, the Sonoff Bridge learns the 433MHz keycode in less than a second....So, probably we have to use more stuff from Ali, and not stuff available at home..

Thanks Teddy. But  how then did you use the naming code so that it will be recognized by alexa? Rf bridge as per specification can handle 16 devices. 

Hi, today I've received the sonoff RF bridge and I have been try to link several kind of remote controllers but anyone of them has linked.

I'm very disappointed.

Anyone knows if flashing with another firmware this can be solved?

I did not, I don't use Alexa, just the app. But what I learn from the Sonoff site is, that if devices are added in the Ewelink app,you can subsequently add them in Alexa and others.

reply at:

milagros atienza

said 17 days ago

Thanks Teddy. But  how then did you use the naming code so that it will be recognized by alexa? Rf bridge as per specification can handle 16 devices. 

Some RF remotes messages are complex to RF bridge recognition. For me to work arround I created another gateway to convert complex messages to simple ones and allow RF bridge work with that transmissions. 1° Grab the complex messages from my remotes with arduino and RF receiver. 2° With arduino with RF transmiter created 16 simple messages and put the Sonoff RF learn each of simple messages, one for each bottom. 3° with that 2 steps done created a code in Arduino with RF receiver and transmiter to: every time it receive a simple message transmit a complex message related to that remote. In that way, every time Sonoff transmit a simple message, the arduino will read and transmit the complex one. Works fine.

1 person likes this

@

António Rodrigues Can you share your Arduino setup?

Same problem. Tried multiple remotes. But looking at my device, the quartz frequency of the receiving circuit is 6.7458MHZ. This means it is not exactly 433.92 but 442.4MHz. Not sure if this is within the scope of detecting devices. The design has the same quartz frequency on (REFOSC) of the syn470r.

Someone ideas howto monitor 433 activity without killing the device in the process?

Login or Signup to post a comment