Start a new topic

Add dusk to dawn schedule settings

TP-Link's Kasa equivalent of the S20 plug-in switch has sunset and sunrise time events, which follow the local dusk and dawn times.

This is very useful for lighting (internal and external) - can we get this added to E-WeLink?

26 people like this idea

Because if you set a schedule to switch on lights at 6.00am then they are changed to switch on at 7.00am. Every other automation app I know would handle local time by region and cope with DST clock changes as normal. eg Alexa, Google, Hive, IFTTT etc. As you say, probably stuck on UTC.

Okay I see what you mean.  In my application I am more interested in the solar time than the clock on the wall so it works great for me but I can see where it presents an issue for others.  They should make an option to set it either way.

Good devices that I have not found real competition to. But as for app it is 2008. Who owns sonoff? Someone with development skills could buy them and create a multi million dollar company. Sunset sunrise with offset ability based on your time zone is not rocket science. Keep up or be left behind. Phillips or Samsung need another division?
Login or Signup to post a comment