Start a new topic

Sonoff Switch Pairs but will not connect to WiFi

After Successful pairing and Renaming the device it does not connect to wifi and Green light keeps blinking, tried to delete and repair but no luck.

One device is connecting and another - Does not.... :( 

70 people have this problem

Thank to these posts I could change my router. For me the 2-channel sonoff switches connected automatically to the new router. The 1-channel routers could not be connected, only after they were deleted from the app while connected to the old router. One switch was deleted when the new router was active, so it was not set to factory settings. That is why it could not be connected to the new router. Reconnecting (and deleting) with the old router was not successful. The only solution was to create a new account on a new phone, connecting and deleting and then connecting to the old account onto the old phone while the new router was active during the whole process. During pairing messages said that it was not successful, but ignoring them the process was successful. For me only the compatible mode worked in all cases.

Hi

I received a new router from the ISP, but since then it no longer connect. first it was a problem with pairing. turning off mobile data fixed the issue, but now it register ok, but it doesent get an IP address assigned. I see in the router loging into the router but appears connected without any IP.

I tried to asigning a fix IP address to the MAC of the switch but withouth any luck.

I deleted and re-paired several times. no luck at all.

Any suggestions?

Hi guys. I’ve had 1 sonoff switch for a while. Decided to add a second. Had the same issues as you guys and have been scouring through this thread looking for solutions. In the end i deleted both devices and stared again by pairing multiple devices at once. It found them both instantly with no messing with my router. I then re paired with Alexa and it works perfectly. Simple answer. Delete all devices and Just start again. Hope this helps.

If the Sonoff problem does not pair, check on the eWeLink app that the selected pairing mode is consistent with the blinking frequency of the LED on the device: ● If the LED flashes alternately twice fast and once slow, you must use the Quick Pairing mode (default).

It seems I found the solution.

This is for the case when devices pair but do not connect to wifi then.

First of all check for already known troubles - must be no special characters in SSID or password, no 5GHz network, 2.4GHz must be b/g/n etc.

Then:

1. remove unconnected devices from your main account in ewelink.

2. use alternative device (I used iPad instead of iPhone for this) and install ewelink there.

3. register new account. if you have no free email you can use any service for temporary mailbox like 10minutemail.com etc.

4. add the device to the account using quick pairing mode. then check and update the firmware if necessary.

5. remove the device from the account. it should begin blink like ready for quick pairing mode

6. return to your main device/ewelink account. pair the device in compatibility mode. no need to unplug/plug, just keep the button pressed until it begin blink rapidly.

Enjoy.

I had this issue with a new ZB Bridge but was able to get it connected by temporarily disabling the 5GHz channel on my router.

Once it was connected and added in full I re-enabled the 5GHz channel and the ZB Hub has worked fine ever since.

Login or Signup to post a comment