After Successful pairing and Renaming the device it does not connect to wifi and Green light keeps blinking, tried to delete and repair but no luck.
One device is connecting and another - Does not.... :(
i see. on my app all i can do is delete probly the same?
duuuuuuuuuuude your a genious. thank you so much
Could be, it used to be forget on the old app.
But you have to be connected to it so that you can switch it on and off before you delete it. Just deleting it from the app wont reprogram the switch if it's not connected at the time.
It took me a while to figure it our.
Glad it's worked out.
Well if you get it to work like that, delete it in the app whilst your phone is connected to it and you should be able to then re connect it via the internet. You have to delete it in the app whilst you are connected to it to clear the old settings in the itead.
How do you find the MAC address for them? When I go into the App, all that I can find is the Device ID (for the one's which I need to fix that is). The working one's show the MAC address, but they work, so that's useless.
I've logged a ticket with Itead to delete any logged history for the Device ID's (hopefully that works)
I've logged a Feature Request to introduce a 'Factory Reset' process:
If everyone votes for it, it may get some traction and then get fixed.
A lack of ability to reset the things is the whole crux of the problem. All my posts above are about a way round that worked. I had about a dozen dead switches after changing my router without deleting the switches in the app first. The solution i have set out above got them all working again. No maybe's or should do's they just work.
I have two sonoff basic2 devices. I was having problems to connect to wifi with quick paring, can conect it to ewelink app with Compatibile Paring Mode(AP) but device stay offline... I have try everithing suggested on forum but with no luck...
SOLUTION THAT WORK FOR ME:
1) I use second phone (iPhone SE) to create WIFI Hotspot and connect my Android phone to that WIFI than I pair sonoff device with ewelink app successfully (to Hotspot WIFI)
2) Then i try ON/OFF sonoff switch and when i was sure that it work I UPDATE Firmware (go to device; than to ... in top right corner; then to settings; then update firmware )
3) When Firmware succesfully update delete device from ewlink app
4) tourn off WIFI Hotspot
5) connect to your home WIFI with main phone (android in my case)
6) Quick pair sonoff device normaly :D