After Successful pairing and Renaming the device it does not connect to wifi and Green light keeps blinking, tried to delete and repair but no luck.
One device is connecting and another - Does not.... :(
My device had the exact same problem after upgrading my modem/router, and I tried everything suggested here on this forum, wasting 7 hours yesterday. Giving up, I ordered a new device from another manufacturer last night. However, I finally got my old device working this morning, so I joined this forum just to explain. I deleted the device from ewelink app again, but this time I chose the menu option to scan the QR code, which I found on the original box. The app scanned the code, and tried to process it, but failed with "Invalid QR code". I tried this multiple times. I gave up on QR code idea, and simply tried pairing the same way I already did dozens of times yesterday. Unbelievably the device connected normally after paring and registering. Therefore, one of these things made the difference: 1) scanning the QR code somehow reset something on their server? 2) waiting 24 hours before trying again somehow reset something on their server? 3) their server somehow detected that I had ordered a better device and decided to cooperate before I threw their old device in the trash? My story is #3 and I'm sticking to it =-)
The problem is underscores in the ssid, once you remove the underscore you will be able to connect, also do not have spaces in the name, my old ssid was ASUS_88U_2G and i was unable to connect, once changed to ASUS88U2G i connected straight away.
The only thing my sonoff switch will connect to is my ATT Pace modem and I tested it with 2 different models of those and it worked with both. If you need more help I recommend visiting the Netgear Support team.
Alas! I am having the same problem. Started a ticket. My SSID has no underscores. But id does have a dash. I'm not going to change it because that means I have to connect everything again.
Switching from AES to TKIP fixed the "Device Offline" issue. Now I'm able to upgrade the firmware from 2.0.1 to 2.6.0. Ill try to switch back to AES after upgrading.
funnily i managed to do the firmware upgrade after many times of failure. I succeeded by making sure my phone is very far away.
I have exactly the same issue too. Any new suggestions?
Hi i have make an analisys for better chomprension:
1) in this situation it is connected to jknet3, working, i start these command and then i connect the power plug to sonoff
i setup my wireless lan of the computer in monitor mode using:
sudo airmon-ng start wlan0 6
where wlan0 is my interface connected at the computer anc 6 is the channel used by the AP.
Then i start tcpdump for save radio packets:
sudo tcpdump -i wlan0mon -vv -e |grep 20:ce:fc >sonoff_jknet3.txt
2) now i reprogram it for connecting with jknet7
sudo airmon-ng stop
check ifconfig if it is down, to be sure i remove the wifi(usb) and replug
restart other channel 11 is jknet7
sudo iwconfig wlan0 channel 11 (need?)
sudo airmon-ng start wlan0 11
sudo tcpdump -i wlan0mon -vv -e |grep 20:ce:fc >sonoff_jknet7b.txt
(i have 2 file 7 in programming time and 7b post programmed at plug off ond on)
sonoff_jknet3.txt working start procedure + ping
sonoff_jknet7.txt not working at programming time
sonoff_jknet7b.txt not working at start procedure
Info about the file 5e:cf:7f:20:ce:fc is the sonoff the other the APs
In the jknet3 file at the end i try to ping it, ping 192.168.1.102
To check the channels i use WiFiAnalize free on playstore (open source)
I'll analize files in a better way i hope some one can help me, wifi networks are not my speciality.
My only solution was to create a guest SSID on my WIFI . Installed the new devices to the guest SSID and they worked. Before that, I could only get one device connected to my primary SSID... All others would register with eWelink but then fail to log on to my primary SSID. Something about the Guest WIFI account helped. I believe it would be a good idea to have these using a different SSID than any of your computers with personal information. A little protection from hacking from the outside. Also, there seems to be something with logging these devices on to a different SSID and then they will work with the previous SSID. I have now been able to register another one on my primary SSID whereas before I couldn't.
I tried many of the other solutions mentioned earlier in this thread with no success. Different SSID worked.