Start a new topic

How to make switched on sonoff touch?

Hi, how can I turn on the same light with two sonoff touch? I do not mean to make a scene with the two and turn them off at the same time by wifi, if not to which one of the sonoff touch is physically pressed and the other is turned off. If this is not possible how are switched lights made?

4 people like this idea

It is true that you can use scenes to replace 3-way and 4-way switches.  Essentially have one switch that actually controls the light and all other switches in the scenes control themselves and the master switch such that if any switch is on, all are on and if any switch is off, all are off.

The downside to this approach is that it does not work if the Internet or wifi network is down.  When that happens only the one actual switch will control the light by manual action.

I made a suggestion to another manufacturer a while back that they produce a 3-way switch and incorporate a current sensor.  This could be used to replace only one switch in a multiple switch situation and leave the other manual toggle switches in place.  The state of the light would be known by the app software based on the current load.  If the light is burning if would be drawing current.  Toggling the wifi controlled 3-way switch would turn it on and off as would the other manual switches in the circuit.  All the while the app software would still be able to determine the state of the light bulb.

2 people like this

up

I have one light on stairs, but first switch is upstairs and second switch is downstairs. So when I go from downstairs, I turn on light in first switch and at upstairs I turn off with second switch. It is possible? Can I use two Sonoff Touch switches?

1 person likes this

Why not connect all N of the switches parallelly to the light and still use scenes? This way, all of the switches would work if there is no WiFi... 

1 person likes this
hello, in the last update of ewlink, they have added the trigger function for all the devices that means that we can make groups of switches that turn off at the same time that in practice they are switching lights with ignition from several points, so you do not have to modify anything of the hardware and the wiring that is needed is the same as for a single bulb, it could turn on both the light of a room and the garden although there is no wiring between them

1 person likes this

Srdan Letina: How do you mean connect all N wires parallely to light ? Can you upload wiring diagram ?

Hello nulda, do you fixed your issue? If not i can help you.
Hello fsonny, help me please.
Give me your email adresse and i send you a video
I send you an e-mail. Check it.

Here is an example https://youtu.be/1QrU2DTgWgo

Im sorry i can't send the video by email ( more than 25mb) if you have whatsap i can send it to you
Have you whatsap or not?
I am considering the following possible solution for 2-way switch with or without neutral wire. With neutral wire, Use TC1 as main switch and for the second switch use an RF transmitter shaped like a wall switch (instead of remote). It appears the VHome transmitters use the same EV1527 chipset but I have not tested this. If there is no neutral wire at all then one can also install the Sonoff RF & IP66 switch in the ceiling and the RF transmitter on the wall. To have more than one transmitter, one would have to duplicate the transmitter OR have the Sonoff Receiver accept more than one transmitter OR install another RF Receiver module into Sonoff RF & IP667 switch, but I don’t know if this can be done. What do you think?
Can i have the video too?
Login or Signup to post a comment