Start a new topic

Garage Door opener status

A new product that would be very useful would be an Inching /Self-Locking WiFi Wireless Switch with 2 leads that could be connected to something such as a reed switch that would report back the status as being open or closed.  This would make a simple WiFi device that could be used on items such as a garage door opener.  I use a Itching /Self-Locking WiFi Wireless Switch  now to control my opener but having the reporting feature would be very beneficial. 

31 people like this idea

I stop using ewelink. I use tuya now for c$20 I have everything. The kit include everything( the opener the reed sensor the cables the hardware , everything)
Do aplikace eWelink se dá koupit úplně to stejný s magnety. Mám 2 kusy a funguji perfektně.

@COC 1 - but that doesn't support Apple HomeKit

@Robert Barta - jj, vím, že by tam mělo jít koupit jen magnety a s flashnutou pamětí na HAA by to mělo jít v pohodě nastavit. Jen nevím, kam přesně to připájet. Asi na GPIO14 a GND, ale nejsem si 100% jistej

I have around 20 sonoff relays at home and all work very good.
I can't send a link. I'm sending a photo. You can buy the whole device, look for AliExpress.

1 person likes this

Along with the eWeLink software and Inching Switch, I use MyQ for the status of my garage door open or closed.

There are now many options for ewelink compatible garage door , that include Reed switches. When the Reed switches see each other, the switch is "off." Switch is "on" when Reed switches don't see each other. Just search in eBay for ewelink garage. The problem is, the app does not alert you when the switch has been left "on" for a certain amount of time. Sure I can go into the app and check the status and history. But I don't want to monitor the door to make sure it's closed, I want it to tell me that I left it open! To me, this is a feature that the app needs to have. I've attached a screenshot from a friend's garadget app. The ewelink app can already track history, they just need to channel it into user defined alerts!
I got fed-up waiting of itead/ Sonoff to come up with a solution, so I bought a reliable garage door opener made by Meross works brilliantly, it also tells you when open and closed you can also set time alarm to remind you if it’s been left open. Also Very reasonably priced at £30
Login or Signup to post a comment