Please scan the QR code on the box of your products to read the manual. Below are the English user guides for all Sonoff products:
User Manual for ALL Sonoff Products
2. Can the app be used on PC?
Sorry, the app can only be used on iOS/Android smartphone and tablet. Currently, we don't plan to make a PC version.
3. What system does the app support?
Only Android and iOS system. Android 4.0 device or higher. It doesn’t work with Windows system.
4. When I want to download the eWeLink app, there’s virus alert. Is your app safe?
This is a wrong report. Our app is safe, it has passed Google Play and App Store's security checking and can be download on the app markets.
3. I am from EU. Why the app only allows me to register with a phone number?
For users outside Asia, eWeLink only supports registration with email address. If your app only allows registering with phone number, your DNS may not resolve correctly, or your app doesn't obtain your location, so it gets China as default location and connects the Asian users.
4. Can I make registration to change from email address to phone number?
The servers are auto dispatched by the system. If the system recognizes you are located in EU, the app requires you to register with an email address. If the system recognizes you are located in Asia, the app requires you to register with a phone number. If it’s wrong, please check if you are using VPN network, check if your DNS is resolved correctly, check if your app can obtain your right location.
5. Is it possible to run two Android phones?
You can register with more than one account, log in one account in one phone and the other one in another phone, then share the devices from one account to the others.
Note that feedback should be submitted on the eWeLink app, not on the Google Play or elsewhere.
1. Why do I fail to add the device by using 5G or dual-band wifi?
Currently, eWeLink only supports 2.4 G wifi communication protocol. 5G Wi-Fi router is NOT supported.
If you use 2.4G+5G dual-band router, please set only allow 2.4G WiFi. Please understand that the IoT module of our products only allows the 2.4G network. Today, it’s difficult to find 5G smart home product in the smart home industry,
We want to recommend a solution for the Android users who are using dual-band router. There is an app called WiFi Manager.
If you forget the network in the Android setting, then add it to this app, you see both the 2.4 and 5G networks with the same SSID. It lets you connect to the 2.4 one. This lets you configure the Sonoff. Once the WiFi is configured the phone can go back to use 5G.
We are very appreciated if you find other solutions and share with us.
2. eWeLink keeps prompting “Network Unavailable”, what to do?
Please ping our server URLs on your PC:
If your location is in Asia:
cn-long.coolkit.cc, cn-api.coolkit.cc, api.coolkit.cc.
If your location is in EU:
eu-long.coolkit.cc, eu-api.coolkit.cc, api.coolkit.cc.
If your location is in Oceania:
cn-long.coolkit.cc, cn-api.coolkit.cc, api.coolkit.cc.
eu-long.coolkit.cc, eu-api.coolkit.cc, api.coolkit.cc.
If your location is North Ameria or South America:
cn-long.coolkit.cc, cn-api.coolkit.cc, api.coolkit.cc.
How to ping? Check this tutorial.
If the result shows the connection between the server and WiFi is good, your network is OK.
If the result shows the connections is bad, please change your phone’s DNS to 126.96.36.199.
Still failed? Please change router’s DNS to 188.8.131.52, then ping the corresponding URL again.
If the result shows the IP addresses don’t run, please send the related URL to your network operator, let them help you. For example, if you are Asian user, please ask the network operator to parse these domains: cn-long.coolkit.cc, cn-api.coolkit.cc, and api.coolkit.cc.
3. I change a new router, then the device fails to connect to the new WiFi.
Some users change the router and set the same WiFi SSID and password as the old router, then their devices can't be added to account or become offline. We suggest you change the new router's SSID name to a different one, delete your devices and re-add via the new WiFi.
Note: Every time you want to change the WiFi that the Sonoff model connects with, you must delete the device from App, re-pair and add it to your account via the new WiFI. Otherwise, it will keep offline, this is due to Sonoff model doesn't have a workable WiFi to communicate with the server.
4. Can Sonoff works with wifi extender?
Some users said that their Sonoff devices can't work with the wifi extender. So I don't dare to say that our products support wifi extender. You'd better use it with the wifi router.
5. Why I can't select the WiFi SSID I want during adding the device?
The app recognizes the WiFI SSID your smartphone/tablet connects, and auto-select and connect the same WiFi SSID during adding process.
① You don’t allow the related permissions for the app. Please modify authority management, set eWeLink to be your direct trust app and set all permissions as Allow.
② Your WiFi network is too weak. You can try with a robust 2.4G WiFi network.
③ You have selected the wrong pairing method. To solve it, please follow below solution:
First, press and hold the pairing button for 5s until it blinks, check how does your device’s led indicator blink:
(1) Fast blinking one time and repeat
(2) Fast blinking 3 times and repeat
If your device is blinking like (1), you'll need to confirm what the device firmware version is. Then select the corresponding pairing method.
Open eWeLink, tap "+" to add the device, then select different icon according to the device firmware version (Note: If you don’t know its firmware version at all, please try A first, if fail, try B):
A. If the firmware of above models is 1.6.0 or higher:
You should select Quick Pairing Mode(TOUCH) icon in adding process. Otherwise, you will fail to add it to the app.
B. If the firmware of above models is lower than 1.6.0:
You should directly select Compatible Pairing Mode(AP) in adding process, click Next. If you are ios user, you will be directed to Phone Setting>WiFi>connect the WiFi begins with ITEAD-******, enter default password 12345678. Go back to eWeLink to continue the process.
If your device is blinking like (2) or breathing, open eWeLink, tap "+" to add the device, select "Quick Pairing Mode (Touch)" to add the device. [Note: If your device is LED, Bulb or others, the led may be breathing, you must select "Quick Pairing Mode (Touch)"]
If you failed to add it to your account, you can set the model to enter into another pairing method and select compatible pairing mode (AP)
Power off the model, then power it up. Press and hold pairing button for 5s until the led indicator fast blinks like (2). Release your finger. Then press and hold the pairing button for another 5s until it fast blinks like (1). For LED, bulb or humidifier, let the device enter pairing mode twice continuously. For example, please turn on and off the Sonoff B1 for 3 times, then turn on and off for another 3 times.
Then tap “+” to add the device, select Compatible Pairing Mode(AP) and continue.
2. When adding the device, everything is OK, but it stops at “Registering...”, why?
You have selected the wrong pairing method. Please refer to the last question.
3. When I adding the device, it says network problem.
1) You may have connected to a 5G network. All our devices can only work with 2.4G wifi. If you are using dual-band (2.4G+5G) router, please set only allow 2.4G.
2) Your WiFi may be too weak. Make sure your WiFi doesn’t have too many connections. Usually, one router can bear 15 connections, including phone, PC, smart device, etc.
3) Your model is too far away from the router, take it closer and retry.
If you WiFi has no problem, please your phone's DNS to 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11. If still failed, please set your computer DNS to 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124. Then retry.
4. When I scan the QR code of the G1, it says “Invalid QR code”.
If you are using GSM model like Sonoff G1, Sonoff G2, please take a photo of the QR code, and enlarge it on your computer to scan it. Please make sure the GSN model belongs to “eWeLink Supported” products.
5. Failed to auto-switch to device WiFi.
1. Please make sure the model has entered pairing mode.
2. If the model has exited pairing mode, please let it re-enter into pairing mode. Then click the words in blue “Return to eWeLink System WiFi settings” as shown in the screenshot. Next, please manually connect the WiFi (ITEAD-10000XXXX), the password is 12345678. Once successful, go back to the App. Done.
2. Why some of my devices are online, while some are offline? Are they connecting to different servers?
All of the devices connecting to the same server. Your wifi may be too weak, if your wifi has too many connections, then some devices are likely to be offline.
2. Why I can’t find loop timer (cycle timer) for my device?
Loop timer supported devices (updating): Almost all 1 gang switch/socket(required firmware ver. 1.5.0 and higher, G1, Sonoff Pow R2 and S31 are excluded from the list), including S20 smart socket, Sonoff Touch EU/US, Sonoff Basic, Sonoff SV, Sonoff TH10/TH16, Sonoff RF, Slampher, Sonoff Pow (required firmware ver. 2.0.3 and higher), Motor Clockwise/ Anticlockwise Running WiFi Wireless Switch, 1 Channel Inching /Self-Locking WiFi Wireless Switch 5V/12V, S30 Smart Socket, Sonoff T1 UK/EU/US-1 Gang, RF Bridge 433-the added RF Remote, Sonoff Pow.
Note: the 2-4 gang devices doesn’t support loop timer.
3. The time on the timer settings is not the same as my local time.
There are summer time and winter time changes in many countries. If your local time has changed, please delete all the timers, close the app. Then open the app, and create new timers, you'll see the time will be synchronized with your system.
4. Can you make the timer min unit to second so that I can activate my device for a few seconds?
All the timers only support to set 1 minute as the min time. We can't support timer based on seconds, it's a technology obstruction in the industry. Even our competitors say their products can support timers based on seconds, it's not that true.
5. Will Sonoff support more than 8 timers?
Sorry. This is due to the limited capacity of the chip. The board can't support more than 8 timers.
1. How to create a scene with RF Bridge 433 device?
Only Android support to create scene based on RF Bridge device.RF Bridge 433 (Android 3.1.0 and higher)-the added Alarms can be set as the trigger device.You can set the alarm message as the condition to trigger turn on/off other smart device.
RF Bridge 433 (Android 3.1.0 and higher)-the added RF Remote controller can be set as execute device. You can set a specified temperature/humidity/light intensity/sound level range from Sonoff SC, Sonoff TH, S22, At Home/Away status from Nest as a condition to trigger on/off the RF Remote button.
2. I fail to share my device with my family. It’s saying “User does not exist”, "Number does not exist".
Only when the two accounts are registered with the server of the same continent can be shared with, no cross-continent accounts can be shared. If you use VPN to create the account, the country of the IP may be in other continents, so your account connects to a server of another continent.
If you are located at the junction of two continents, for example, in Turkey, the accounts may register and connect to servers of a different continent.
All the phone number based account are connecting to Asian servers. It's impossible to share from a phone number based account to an email account or vice versa.
If you don't know whether the accounts are connecting to different servers, please submit a feedback on eWeLink, write down the issue, provide the two accounts and we will check.
3. I have shared my device with my wife, but she can’t edit the scene and group, she can’t get the devices being shared to appear on her Alexa/Google Home/IFTTT app.
Only the device owners have the right to set scene/group, and use it on the third-party app. For security issue, we only allow timer permission for the other users.
If still failed, they should try to uninstall eWeLink and install again. Then try to share again.
4. Why it shows the user I want to share is not online?
You must make sure the user you want to share with has an eWeLink account and is online (keep the screen lighten).
5. Why the share device list disappear (especially when I switch the language)?
Log out of the APP, re-enter to check if it is there. Or you have to wait for the newer App version.
6. Why the device share from another account disappear from my account?
The device owner may have deleted it from his/her account.
1. How to view APP version and firmware version?
To view APP versions, go to User Center, the APP version is out there.
To view firmware version, enter into the device's control interface, click the upper right corner "Setting", the firmware version is out there.
2. Why the firmware stop the update at half of the progress?
When the error prompt disappeared, close the app completely. Then open the app, check if the firmware is updated successfully. If fail, then retry to update again.
Unstable wifi can cause firmware update failure. Disable wifi, use mobile network to update.
If you fail every time, please delete the device, take another phone enable the hotspot, then add your device via the hotspot wifi. After successfully adding the device, go to update its firmware. When it's done, delete it, re-add device via your original wifi.
If still failed, please submit a feedback on the app so that we can check for the problem.
3. Why the same models show different firmware version?
There are two situations:
1) The two models are different in the versions: Pow and Pow R2. They use different boards and firmware.
2) You should update the firmware of your device one by one. A firmware can't be shared to different devices, even they are exactly the same models.
Google Home Issues
1. Get the error: "encountered an unknown error", "smart we link is unavailable right now" or "error finding 3 (or 4) things".
Please download the latest Google Chrome browser to your phone, set it as the default browser. Clear the Google Home app's caching and data. Then re-link our "Smart We Link".
2. I can't link "Smart We Link", and the Google home app prompts"Couldn't update the setting. Check your connection."
Please check if your network is OK. It's mostly due to Google Home failed to be connected to the WiFi normally. If your network is OK, then please pull-down the page to refresh, check if it can display the devices.
You can also try to switch the language, go to setting to select the language "English (US)".
Most likely this problem is caused by Google side. If we received a lot of feedback, we would communicate with Google to solve it.
3. I can’t link “Smart We Link”, what to do?
Some users can't link eWeLink account in the Google Home App. Here we suggest them try the solutions below:
When our server is down or your WiFi doesn't have Internet access, simply tap on the upper right corner button, select Enable LAN, the LAN supported devices will be connected to LAN automatically.
18. Can I clear the alarm records of my RF Bridge 433?
19. The firmware version of the Sonoff Basic I receive is 1.6.0 and higher, this affects me to flash firmware with MQTT. Can I lower the firmware version?
Sorry, all the new Sonoff Basic/Sonoff RF/Slampher use firmware with 1.6.0 or higher. We don't support to lower the firmware.
4. What is the logic of the button？
5. It looks like the button is connected to the microcontroller and possibly also the firmware/flash pin
Sonoff RF(with 433 RF receiver module) button connects to the microcontroller, while Sonoff (without 433 RF receiver module) button connects to ESP8266 and common use with firmware/flash pin.
6. What is the purpose of the PWM1 connection?
It connects to LED, which can indicate WiFi state.
7. LED indicator does not work
1) Check if the board has burn marks and if there is a burning smell. Make sure the power for the connected device does not exceed max. supported power.
2) If you have multimeter and soldering iron, you may follow below steps to test and repair.
a. Use a multimeter to test both ends of U1 to see if there is about 300v DC or not, if not, then weld the U1 firmly with soldering iron.
b. If U1 has voltage, then check if D5 has voltage. If D5 has no voltage, then use the iron to weld C10 firmly. If D5 has voltage, then send it back to us for repair.
Note: If you are in China, you can directly send to us for repair. If you are not, then please open a ticket to contact our customer service first.
8. Both physical button or APP button can not turn on or off the connected device.
That's because the relay or circuit for relay driver has faults:
If you are overseas customers, you can repair it as follows:
1) Please re-welded Q1 if you have a soldering iron.
2) Send back to us for repair.
Domestic customers can directly send back to us for detecting, repair or exchange.
9. Electric leakage
Please return it to us for test and repair.
10. Slampher: While turned off, the LED indicator faintly flashed one time, and the connected light bulb failed to be turned off.
It's a hardware problem, please contact the seller for after-sales support.
11. Slampher: The led indicator keeps blinking after turn off.
1). the LED is broken
2). Electric leakage caused by humid weather
3) The thyristor is broken. Please contact our after-sales support for repair or exchange.
12. My phone is lost, I want to add my devices to a new phone.
You can always log in your eWeLink account with any phone as long as you remember your account and password.
So please log in your old account number, and delete all your devices.
Register a new account with your new phone number. Add your devices to the new account.
13. My Sonoff is dead.
Please open the shell and check whether there is something loose and some cold soldering.
If not, please open a ticket to send a video showing that you have powered the device with right voltage (better use voltmeter to test) but there is no response of the device.
14. I have set the RF device in 433mhz learning mode, but I don't have RF Remote, how to make it exit the RF learning mode?
Please power off the device, it will auto-exist the RF pairing mode. Then you can power it up again to use.
15. After connecting the Sonoff wall touch switch with my light, the light keeps flashing and I can't turn it on or off.
You may connect the wires wrongly. Please check the wiring connection.
1. Flash self-customized Firmware
1. How to make my Sonoff WiFi Wireless Switch enter into "UART Download" mode?
Follow below steps:
1）Press and hold the setting button of Sonoff, power up the Sonoff and loose the button, it will automatically enter into "UART Download" mode.
2）You can refer to this link to gain information about SDK and programming manual.
3）Note that we do not recommend you to do that. If you change the firmware, we DON'T undertake any responsibility for any problems caused by this operation.
2. Can I directly use 5V DC to power Sonoff Basic?
Yes, you can. Connect both ends of D5.
3. Can I control added devices through Web page?
Sorry, but you can use the APP or go to eWeLink WeChat subscription account to control the devices.
4. I want to customize for hardware.
You can contact our engineer at this email: odm(at)itead.cc
5. Can I extend the wire of the TH sensor?
We suggest you do not extend the wire, it will affect accuracy. We have made some tests.
6. Can I hook a temperature/humidity sensor AM2301 to a Sonoff Pow?
This is impossible. Although Sonoff Pow/Pow R2/G1/Dual use the same enclosure as Sonoff TH10/TH16, they are totally different hardware, and they support different functions.
Note: If you have any problems that are still unsolved, please submit a detailed feedback on eWeLink Application. Our IT support will then check the problem and reply you as quickly as possible. A warm reminder here: make sure you have entered a valid email address when submitting your feedback.